QuickBooks error 404 is basically a runtime error. It displays a ‘page not found’ message when you try to update a payment from an alert at the top of your dashboard. The error can also occur at the time of installing the QuickBooks software in your system. Your Windows may experience a sudden shutdown or it might restart.
“Code 404 message file not found” error when appears can possibly crash the dynamic program window. Your Windows OS slows down to a frustrating pace and hardly responds to your inputs. At times, you will find that your system freezes for a few seconds. If all these happen all at once then rest assured error 404 QuickBooks is the culprit.
QuickBooks Error 404 File Not Found
It becomes a compatibility issue if you try to run an older version of QuickBooks update on a system environment that runs highly advanced Windows OS. For instance, if you try to update QuickBooks 2009 on an OS like Windows 10 then you will come up against QuickBooks update error 404. That’s because, QuickBooks 2009 can at the most, run on Windows XP but to run it on Windows 10 you will require QuickBooks 2018 version update.
This Error 404 Occurs
- when the server is not able to find a particular web page that you tried to access.
- It could also occur if the page has undergone some change or has moved elsewhere.
- You could then just hit a dead end with an error message like “404 = Page doesn’t exist = the request was for information that no longer exists”.
- Clearly, QuickBooks error 404 has a lot to do with the timely updates of QuickBooks not being installed.
It is recommended that you note the circumstances when the error code occurs as it could be helpful in troubleshooting the problem. After all, the error code itself carries information about the segment or application that may have been corrupted. Many users of QuickBooks have grown in size from simple book-keeping section levels to medium or enterprise level applications. In such circumstances, upgrading of systems is sometimes incomplete.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Code 404 Message File not Found Error:
- If you are trying to update a payment alert from QuickBooks, go to ‘Account and Settings’ on the ‘Your Account’ page and change the subscription billing.
- Log onto QuickBooks and go to >> ‘Gear’ at the top >> ‘Account and Settings’ >> ‘Edit Billing Info’ or ‘Billing & Subscription’ (You may see either of these options).
- Thereafter, enter your credit card details and check that the billing address in QuickBooks is the same billing address as it is on your credit card statement. Save the changes.
- If the QuickBooks page you are trying to access isn’t found on the server, or the page has moved elsewhere even as the URL has not changed, you need to first ensure that your internet connection is working fine. That is because it may not actually be a problem with QuickBooks at all as connectivity issues may require you to reinstall QuickBooks in your system.
Here’s what you have to do to reinstall QuickBooks on your system. On your keyboard, press the Windows logo and R keys together. In the ‘Run’ window that comes up next, enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click ‘OK’. Go to QB 20XX on the menu and click ‘Uninstall’. Now, run the ‘Clean Install’ tool before restarting your system and then follow it up by reinstalling QuickBooks from the QB 20XX CD.
If the QuickBooks update error 404 continues to show up on your system, and code 404 message file not found doesn’t refuse to go then QuickBooks Technical support is ready to assistance you. Connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisors over a call and get instant help for your QuickBooks error 404. Dial us today at 1800-865-4183.