Error code 1328 may come on your screen at any time when you are installing, uninstalling, updating, or repairing QuickBooks Desktop. Here learn about how to fix the QuickBooks error 1328 along with the causes and reasons.
It creates a frustrating situation to let the user continue work. You need to rectify this error to cut down on this complexity. Here in the below-written article, you will learn the favorable information related resolution of QuickBooks error 1328. Read the complete article to understand each step in-depth to fix this QuickBooks issue quickly such as error code 1303, error code 1317, error code 1321, error code 1335, error code 1327, and error code 1334 in QuickBooks.
When you are accessing accounting software in an online medium, there might be fewer chances of updating it. It has been analyzed that the QuickBooks error 1328 is encountered when users update, install, repair, and perform re-install or uninstall processes. There are several error messages; however, the error code 1328 appears in the c:\config.MSI File.
Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
With this error, there might be many complexities in data storage. Additionally; some content of QuickBooks must be deleted after completing the QuickBooks file installation. In many scenarios, website content must not be deleted then there may be the possibility of site repair.
Causes of the QuickBooks Error Code 1328
There are many reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1328. We can’t say any permanent or fixed cause of it.
- It occurs while updating QuickBooks and can appear as a single error or before another error.
- QuickBooks installation not completed.
- Important QuickBooks file gets corrupted
- The issue occurs with the wrong or incomplete downloading process.
- Fail to perform the un-installation process of software application which results in adding invalid entries in the Windows Registry
- Incomplete installation due to the power failure or system shutdown due to any external activity
- The files referenced by these errors are usually similar to c: config.msiPT**.TMP.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Below are various methods to rectify the problem. most of the users try an error method to get over this. Follow the below troubleshooting resolution to fix QuickBooks error 1328.
Solution 1: Start Running the Registry Repair Tool
- Firstly you have to apply for the Registry repair tool.
- Start fixing the damaged registry entries regarding the QuickBooks application.
- Now use a malware removal tool to resolve the infectious malware attack if occurs in the system and free the malware attack from the system.
- Now remove all the junk and unwanted files from the system.
- Locate and verify if there are any outdated Device drivers there.
- Now restore the system with the Undo by Recent System change option on your system windows.
Solution 2: Re-install with a Clean Installation
Uninstall and Install
- Here we would first uninstall the program
- To open the Run window, hold the Windows Key and press R on your keyboard.
- In the search area of the Run Command window, type Control Panel and press OK.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- From the list of programs, choose QuickBooks software and then press Uninstall/Change.
- Now let the uninstallation process take place without any interruption.
- When you’re done, install QuickBooks Desktop once again.
Renaming the install folders
- Download the exe tool and save it locally on your computer desktop.
- Click on exe and open it.
- Select the I Agree option when you see the license agreement on your computer screen.
- Choose your QuickBooks desktop software edition and then press the Continue option from the dialog box.
- Select the OK option as you notice a dialog box with the message, “Your program is now ready to clean install.
- Please press OK to install the software to a default directory.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Initially, download and install the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from any trusted website and install it.
- Once done, save the file on your system.
- Close all active programs and then start running the QBinstall tool
- At last, restart the system to make sure that all components get updated.
Solution 4: Discover the config.msi File
- Locate the Start key and right-click on it then select Explore.
- Now you have to double-click on the C drive.
- There appear all hidden files & folders.
- Locate the tools button and then choose the Folder button
- Discover the View tab and then click on hidden File and folder
- Once done, you have to hit on Apply and then move to the OK option
- Now it is requested to verify the protected operating file system.
- After this, you should choose the view option and then deselect hide protected operating system-based file.
- Once Again, you are required to verify apply and then hit the OK button.
- Do a right-click on config.msi File.
- Choose the rename and then rename the config.msi File.
- It will hide all important files and folders on the operating system files & folder.
Solution 5- Update the Windows system
- Open Settings in your Windows system
- Press the Windows button
- Then click on the Power button from the left side
- Further, select the Gear icon which is the Settings icon
- In the Settings window
- Choose the option Update and Security
- Then click on the Windows Update tab from the left navigation panel
- Click on Check for updates
- If it shows you update hit on the Get Updates.
- It takes a while to download and update your Windows system.
Below is the article about the quick fix of QuickBooks error 1328! Hopefully, the above information will provide you with awareness regarding the same. If you still face any issues, then call the QuickBooks error support number. A hub of experts is there to solve all your concerns. Meanwhile, you can drop an email or do a live chat to get an instant solution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I also have to check for the Windows components to fix the QuickBooks error 1328?
Yes, you have to check for the Windows components as they also cause you the QuickBooks error 1328 in your system. The components to take care of our Microsoft MSXML and Microsoft .Net Framework.