“QuickBooks POS Error 176109” means that the key authentication files are either corrupted or missing. This error usually appears when you are trying to open or register QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale.
Here learn how to eliminate. QuickBooks Point of Sale helps with speeding up sales of your business and allows easy integration with other third-party software. But there are times when you are faced with any QB POS error. QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number is one such problem. Though the program is meant to make our lives easier at the end of the day, it is just software, which can face issues.
Read more about QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number 176109
When users use QuickBooks, they face several software problems. QuickBooks Error 176109 is one of those issues which generally occur when they attempt to open or register QuickBooks Desktop POS. In this article, we will explore the overview of error code 176109 and its causes and solutions.
QuickBooks error code 176109 is also referred to as QuickBooks Point of Sale Invalid product number. It is related to an invalid number code or product code. The error code notifies that essential authentication files are damaged or corrupted. This issue mainly takes place when users try to open Point of Sale associated with QuickBooks. The QuickBooks require enough permission to write & read the files without any barrier. When it does not get the needed administrative level permission, the 176109 code will display on the screen.
Where the software benefits the business significantly side by side there are scenarios the POS software encounters errors. Invalid Product Number error or QuickBooks error 176109 is a fixable error but you are requested to act fast. Though you can download QuickBooks Repair Tool (also known as QuickBooks file doctor) but it is not at all reliable.
Why QuickBooks Error 176109 Occurs
Here are the major causes for the QuickBooks Invalid Product number error code 176109:
- When important contents of the point of Sale in the entitlement folder are damaged or absent
- The wrong product code or number is used to install the QuickBooks Point of Sale giving rise to error code 176109
- The users do not have administrative level permissions to open the files.
Causes QuickBooks Error 176109
Below are the possible reasons that might cause the Invalid product number error. They are as follows:
- The POS Entitlement folder comprises corrupt or damaged files.
- For POS installation an improper/incorrect product code is used.
- Possibly you are not logged into Windows as an administrator.
There are manual and automatic ways to fix the QuickBooks Error 176109.
The error code is followed with a technical description and in some scenarios, the error might not even let you access the company files. This six-digit error code 176109 indicates the address of the memory locations where the instructions are loaded at the time of the error.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number Error 176109
Below-mentioned is the list of effective solutions to resolve the QuickBooks POS invalid product number error code 176109.
Method 1: Delete Entire Contents of the Entitlement Client Folder
Here are the steps:
- Locate Windows Explorer and then follow the respective path C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.
- Now press the Ctrl+A button on your keyboard simultaneously to select entire files.
- Hit on Delete button
- Choose Yes to confirm the action.
- Once done, open the QuickBooks Point of Sale and then re-register the application.
Method 2: Give a New Name to the WS Activity File
- Open windows explorer
- Follow the path C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale \XX\Ini.
- Now give a right-click to the WS activity file.
- Choose Rename
- Write OLD WS Activity
- Hit on anywhere to save the applied changes
- Close the windows
- Now you have to delete the entitlement folder.
- At last, re-launch the QB Point of Sale.
Method 3: Do a Clean Installation of QB point of Sale
If the above methods do not sort out the issue, then perform the QuickBooks Point of Sale’s re-installation. Ensure that you have taken a backup of the files before performing the clean installation. Below is the list of steps for a clean installation.
A: Perform uninstallation of QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Open the control panel.
- Hit on Program & features
- Choose QuickBooks Point of Sale in the listed programs.
- Select the uninstall button
- Follow the onscreen instructions appearing in the prompt to finish the process.
B: Give a New Name to Complete Point of Sale folders
- Embed OLD at the folder’s end; it helps you prevent accounting software from recognizing the files to make a new one.
C: Perform the Re-installation of Point of Sale
- Follow the complete steps of the POS installation.
D: Restoring the Company Files
- Launch QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Make a new company file.
- After this, restore the created backup.
- Open the Point of Sale to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
- Now re-again register QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Method 4: For an Expert User
- Click start your computer and log on as Admin
- Click on Start -> Choose Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
- Go to a new window then the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option -> click next.
- Choose the latest system restore point from the “On this list, click a restore point” list -> click next.
- Tap next to the confirmation window.
- Restart the computer when the restoration is finished.
If you are not able to fix your issue “QuickBooks POS Invalid Product Number” then jump on to the next step.
Method 5: For a New User
- Start with downloading the QuickBooks tool which we don’t recommend as it may put your company files at risk.
- After successful download installs the program, click on the scan button.
- Tap the Fix Errors button when the scan is completed.
- Restart your computer system.
- The utility tool thoroughly scans and identifies all the repairs on your PC and then fixes your windows operating system registry structure.
If still face any doubts or need to explore additional content or solutions, give a ring on QuickBooks POS Consultant. The expertise team is there for you to help you fix all issues.