If QuickBooks is unable to read the data correctly, then there is a problem of data damage that may have occurred on the hard drive. Due to these QuickBooks top data damage errors, the data gets scrambled and the company file cannot be read correctly by QuickBooks.
This may be caused due to internal issues within QB and also external issues like file location. However, a majority of these issues can be rectified from within QuickBooks. This is a commonly faced issue experienced by many professionals which leads to hampering the overall Accounting work in an organization and it becomes a priority to launch the desktop data file repair in QuickBooks.
Different Types of Data Damage Errors Things into QuickBooks Desktop
However, like any other software, it is susceptible to various types of data damage that can affect the accuracy and reliability of your financial data. The following are some common types of data damage errors that can occur in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Damaged lists i.e. (charts of accounts, items, customers, vendors, employees, etc.).
- One or more transactions have been damaged.
- Damage links between transactions or by the transactions themselves.
- Structural table damage or the header of the table.
Some of the top data damage errors in QuickBooks
|Error -6000, -301: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file|
|Error -6150, -1006|
|Error: QBWin.log: LVL_SEVERE_ERROR–GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber The decryption has failed|
|QBWin.log: Verify list. Duplicate name encountered|
|QBWin.log: LVL_ERROR–Error: Verify item history target quantity on order mismatch error|
|QBWin.log: Orphan payee found in Online cache|
|QBWin.log: LVL_ERROR – Error: Verify Item History: Build txn target bad pending state. Item = nnnnn|
|QBWin.log: LVL_ERROR — Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number|
|QBWin.log: LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Account List Item ###: View out of sequence|
|QBWin.log: LVL_Error–Error: Verify Item: Invalid tax agency|
|QBWin.log: Verify Target: Invalid Open Balance|
Below are Some of the Common Reasons for the Top Data Damage Errors into QuickBooks Desktop
Unfortunately, if your computer is damaged in any way, your QuickBooks data can be lost. This can mean that you will have to start from scratch when it comes to tracking your finances.
You can curtail these and overcome the effects of data damage errors.
- A power surge or dropout.
- A little surge in the electricity can damage the hard drive and therefore it’s a must to provide an uninterrupted power supply and prevent fluctuations with the help of the voltage stabilizer.
- A computer crash or abnormal shut down.
- Blue Screen is the result of a sudden power outage and can result in this error.
- Creating a stable network is a must.
- Minimum system requirements are low RAM or processor speed, Network interface, switch, and router should all be up to the mark.
Methods to Fix the Data Damage on QuickBooks Desktop Company File
Data Verify and Data Rebuild are the two most popular utilities within the application that can help resolve the issue with the help of QuickBooks File Doctor. Verify Data spots the most commonly occurring QuickBooks data damage issues while the latter helps to resolve the integrity issues found. Fix minor data errors with your company file by using these fixes.
Solution 1: Repair your company file using the Rebuild Data tool
QuickBooks Desktop includes a Rebuild Data feature that automatically corrects small company file data errors.
- First, you have to go to the File menu, then pick Rebuild Data under Utilities.
- Choose OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
- To save a backup, follow the onscreen instructions.
- Allow the program to fix your file. It can require some time.
- Although QuickBooks could appear to be stuck, the tool is active as long as you can move the mouse.
- Choose OK when the tool is finished.
- Choose File from the menu. Next, choose Verify Data under Utilities by hovering over it.
- Let the tool examine your file for data issues.
- Choose OK if QuickBooks detects no issues. You may continue to use your company file.
Solution 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix your company file
Use the QuickBooks File Doctor to repair your company file if you are still experiencing data problems.
Step 1: Download QuickBooks File Doctor and then Run
- First, you have to close QuickBooks
- Then you have to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the document in a location that is simple to find.
- Choose the Home tab. Version information will be at the bottom.
- Then you have to open the downloaded file (qbtoolhub)
- To install and accept the terms and conditions, you have to follow the on-screen instructions.
- Double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to launch the tool hub after the installation is complete.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix my File
- You have to select Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then you have to choose Quick Fix my File.
- When it gets completed you have to select Ok and then start your QuickBooks.
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- First, you have to select Company File Issues from the tool hub.
- Then you have to select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- To open the file it will take up to one minute.
- After that, you have to select your company file from the drop-down menu from the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- If you are unable to see your file then you have to select Browse and search to find your file.
- Then you can choose to Check your file and then click on Continue.
- After that, you have to enter your QuickBooks admin password and then click on Next.
Method 3: Rebuild your data manually after fixing your company file
You can find the errors you can correct from the Verify Results window if you feel confident doing so. Make careful to create a backup of your company file before you begin.
To manually correct data errors you have to.
- Choose File from the menu. Next, choose Validate Data under Utilities by hovering over it.
- Let the tool examine your file for data issues.
- To view the errors, choose to Expand All from the Verify Results screen.
- Choose See Online Article to view the procedures to resolve the issue. Contact us for assistance in correcting your company file if the mistake doesn’t have an article.
We are available 24*7 for a solution to all issues related to QuickBooks. We have other mediums like 24*7 chat Consultant where you can write in detail about the issue and one of our QuickBooks error consultant experts will get back with the right solution.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Frequently Asked Questions
How might potential data problems in QuickBooks be fixed?
● You have to choose Utilities from the QuickBooks File menu, then pick Check Data.
● When QuickBooks reports that there are no issues with your data, you have to click OK. You can keep working with your company file. Your choice to Rebuild Immediately or See errors will be presented to you if Verify discovers a problem with your data.
What should I do if my QuickBooks desktop company file has data damage?
● QuickBooks Desktop includes a Rebuild Data feature that automatically corrects small company file data errors.
● Go to the File menu and then pick Rebuild Data under Utilities.
● Choose OK on the QuickBooks Information window.
● To save a backup, you have to follow the onscreen instructions.
How do I reset my company data in QuickBooks?
● First, you have to log in to your QuickBooks Online account and then you have to use the master admin credentials.
● Then you have to enter Yes to confirm that you want to delete your company data.
● Now you have to select OK and then click on reset data.