There are several email integration options in QuickBooks desktop. The options include Web Mail, Outlook and QuickBooks E-mails. In case as a user you work and prefer to use Gmail then select Web Mail. Though QuickBooks is continuously working to fix there errors but at times while working you may complain about QuickBooks Gmail Not Working.
Though it is not an uncommon error but you need to do something to fix it. If you are running out of patience then connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisor and let them handle your problem.
QuickBooks Gmail Not Working: What to do?
At times a user might see an email like ‘Sign-in attempt prevented’ from Google when one wants to sign in to the Gmail in QuickBooks. The email states that the ‘app doesn’t meet modern security standards’.
While the message in the mail can be of concern because it mentions that the security of the mail is under threat. But do not panic as the message is a mere reflection of the fact that an ‘app’ had tried to sign into the Gmail account.
The domain admin can lock less secure apps and the following steps will show how to allow less secure apps to access the accounts and resolve the issue of Gmail not working:
Steps to fix Gmail not working with QuickBooks:
- Open and log into your Google Account.
- ‘My Account’ page will open and click on ‘Connected apps & sites’
- Look for the section with the title ‘Apps connected to your account’ and there you might find the Intuit QuickBooks. Instead of this you would want QuickBooks Online for connecting the software with Gmail. Hence ignore this.
- Instead look for ‘Allow less secure apps’ and click on the button to switch it ON.
- Go back to Gmail again and try to send an invoice using the Gmail and voila you will be able to do that with success.
- One can also make the Gmail work on QuickBooks after setting it up by turning off the 2-step verification that enhances the security features of Gmail.
- Also allowing new device or app to access the Gmail can resolve the issue.
But one can avoid this problem of QuickBooks Gmail not working by setting it up right with QuickBooks in the first place. Just follow these steps to set up Gmail.
Steps for QuickBooks Gmail Setup:
- From the main Menu select ‘Edit’ and then choose ‘Preferences’
- From the menu on the left side select ‘Send Forms’ and then ‘My Preferences’ from above. Select and click on web Mail and then go to the Add button and click on it.
- A dialogue box will pop up, enter the Gmail id and select Gmail beside the box ‘Email Provider’. QuickBooks will fill up the SMTP Server details automatically.
- Next click on OK and your Gmail address will be added to the E-mail IDs list.
- Next on the Preferences window click on OK and you are all set to work with Gmail from the QuickBooks. One needs to enter the Gmail password on using the mail from QuickBooks for the first time either to send an invoice, report or a mail.
Reach us for help:
In case none of the above methods work and you are still figuring out why your QuickBooks Gmail Not Working then, do contact our QuickBooks technical Support to resolve the issue. Getting in touch with our technical experts at +1800-865-4183 helps in getting your error solved fast. You may face problem with your QuickBooks any time of the day. If so happens then do not hesitate to reach us on our 24/7 support line as we are open round the clock.