Script errors generally occur when users try to open the company file of QuickBooks. The script error does not display any information related to the cause. The error message provides no clear information which often confuses the users. Here in the below article, you will get to know troubleshooting guidance to fix “QuickBooks script error” and their causes.
QuickBooks is designed on a user-friendly interface with several tools and features that will help in carrying your entire business requirement effectively and efficiently. You can integrate the software with third-party accounting platforms. It is an incredible software that make your work easier but there are situation when QuickBooks also crash due to certain technical issues. One such technical error that you can come across while working on the software is QuickBooks Script Error.
- 1 What is a Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop:
- 2 Download PDF – Add Intuit Website in Internet Explorer to Fix Issue
- 3 Causes of QuickBooks Script Error
- 4 How to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks:
- 4.1 Step 1: Edit Internet settings and set an Intuit as a trusted website
- 4.2 Step 2: Verify you Enable the Script Debugging option in an Internet Explorer
- 4.3 Step 3: Clear the Cache Data of Internet Explorer
- 4.4 Step 4: Run an Internet Explorer in Compatibility view
- 4.5 Step 5: Disable Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
- 4.6 Step 6: Un-select the SSL certificates in Internet Explorer
- 4.7 Step 7: Apply internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
- 4.8 Step 8: Disable the Script Error Notification in the Browser Settings
- 4.9 Solution 9: Place the URL in the Error message to the List named Restricted Websites in QuickBooks
- 5 FAQ’s
- 5.1 How do I fix a Script Error in QuickBooks
- 5.2 What is the Meaning of Script Error in QuickBooks
- 5.3 What to do if there is a page view issue in the Browser
- 5.4 How to Fix script error in Internet Explorer
- 5.5 What can I do if the QuickBooks Script error occurs during the import process?
- 5.6 Fix the Script Error while an Export Process in QuickBooks?
- 5.7 What are the Significant Causes of QuickBooks Script Errors?
What is a Script Error in QuickBooks Desktop:
QuickBooks Script Error is a common error that can be seen in the QuickBooks software. You will come across this error when you are opening the QuickBooks application. This issue restricts you from working on the software and slows the updating process as well. Though you can resolve this error with the solution mentioned in this article, but it is suggested that you seek QuickBooks Desktop Assistance.
Script Error Message: An error has occurred on the script of this page Line: 7 Char: 561 Error: Unable to Get Property Length of Undefined or Null Reference Code: 0
“An error has occurred in the script of this page“
Also see the error status as “Internet Explorer error“.
Download PDF – Add Intuit Website in Internet Explorer to Fix Issue
Causes of QuickBooks Script Error
- Browser configuration is responsible for this.
- Internet Explorer is already in use.
- Internet Explorer is not in sync with QuickBooks application.
How to Fix Script Error in QuickBooks:
Here are the solution steps to fix the script error in QuickBooks. Follow the resolution steps:
Total Time: 55 minutes
Step 1: Edit Internet settings and set an Intuit as a trusted website
Follow the steps:
🔹 Open your Internet Explorer
🔹 Below the Settings option click on the Security option
🔹 Locate the Trusted sites button embed *Intuit.com as a trusted website
🔹 After then click on the Trusted Sites option
🔹 Now the unmark needs verification regarding Server
🔹 After this exit the trusted sites window
🔹 Unselect the Enable Protected mode button
🔹 Close the Internet explorer
🔹 After that re-try to execute the QuickBooks Desktop
If you still receive the scripting error then proceed with the below-mentioned troubleshooting steps:
Step 2: Verify you Enable the Script Debugging option in an Internet Explorer
Follow the steps to turn on the script debugging feature in Internet Explorer:
🔹 Locate Internet Explorer Tools button
🔹 Select Internet options
🔹 Discover the dialog box which says Internet Options and Hit on the Advanced tab
🔹 Check the setting option that appears on the Advanced option
🔹 Click on the Browsing section
🔹 Enable the Script Debugging in an Internet Explorer
🔹 Hit on OK button
🔹 Exit and then re-open the Internet Explorer
Step 3: Clear the Cache Data of Internet Explorer
🔹 Locate the Browsing History option appears below the Internet Explorer settings
🔹 Hit on Delete button
🔹 Choose History, temporary internet files, and cookies
🔹 Click on the Delete option
🔹 Select the Apply button and then hit on OK button
Step 4: Run an Internet Explorer in Compatibility view
🔹 Firstly open the Internet Explorer
🔹 After that Hit on Tools options which is located below the Settings tab
🔹 Open the Compatibility View Settings
🔹 Place a check-mark appears near the checkbox which says Display all websites in compatibility View
🔹 Hit on the Save option to save the applied changes
Step 5: Disable Add-ons in the Internet Explorer
🔹 Locate Internet Explorer Window
🔹 Click on the Tools button choose Internet Options
🔹 Hit on Manage Add-ons under the Programs section
🔹 Select the add-on button and then choose the Disable option from the bottom corner of the screen
🔹 Hit on the Ok button and then exit the Internet Explorer
Step 6: Un-select the SSL certificates in Internet Explorer
🔹 Locate the Gear option appears at the top side of an Internet Explorer
🔹 Choose Internet Options
🔹 Below the content button and hit on the option which says clear SSL
🔹 Choose the OK button to save the applied changes.
Step 7: Apply internet Explorer as Default Internet Browser
🔹 Click on the Settings section of the Internet Explorer Window
🔹 Locate the Program button
🔹 Hit on the Make Default option and then place the checkmark on the button which says Tell me if Internet Explorer is not the default web browser
🔹 Click on the detailed instructions option and then hit on Make Internet Explorer your Default internet Browser
Follow Detailed Info: How to Make Internet Explorer your Default Internet Browser
Step 8: Disable the Script Error Notification in the Browser Settings
🔹 Open your Internet Explorer
🔹 Hit on the Tool option appears at the top-right corner
🔹 Choose Internet Options
🔹 Now go to the advanced tab
🔹 Delete the check-mark that appears near to “Display a notification about every script error” button
🔹 Hit on Ok button
Solution 9: Place the URL in the Error message to the List named Restricted Websites in QuickBooks
Follow the below-mentioned instructions:
🔹 Open your QuickBooks
🔹 Locate the Help option hit on internet Connection Setup
🔹 Hit on the Next button and then hit on Advanced Connection Settings
🔹 Locate the Security option hit on the Restricted sites tab
🔹 Give a click on the Sites
🔹 Now copy the URL with an error message and then paste it
🔹 Hit on the Add button and then click on the Close option
🔹 At last click on the OK button and then the done button to save the changes
Here the article about fix QuickBooks Script errors completes! In case you feel any doubt then give a call to the QuickBooks Professional team. Meanwhile, you can use the other options like email or live chat to reach the experts to save your valuable time.
AskForAccounting they have hired qualified and experienced professionals who have years of experience in handling all kinds of technical and functional issues. You just have to give a call on QuickBooks error support helpdesk assistance toll-free number. You can also visit their website for more information. This way you can chat with the expert who is available online.
How do I fix a Script Error in QuickBooks
To fix this issue you have to perform the solutions that help you to fix a script error in QuickBooks:
● Update the Web Browser
● Load the Web Page again
● Disable Plug-ins
● Open the web page in another browser
● Check by loading other web pages
● Load this page in another device that it is working or not
● Disable the hardware acceleration.
What is the Meaning of Script Error in QuickBooks
It means that the command is not executing correctly that is why this happens. The Script error happens when your QuickBooks software is exchanging the information with the webpage and the java script of the webpage has some issues.
What to do if there is a page view issue in the Browser
You have to check for the compatibility view in the Internet Explorer browser
● Click on Gear icon that is in the right side in Internet Explorer after opening it
● Then select the Compatibility View settings option
● Tick mark the option Display intranet sites in compatibility view
● Now close the window and after restarting browser load the page again.
How to Fix script error in Internet Explorer
● In Internet Explorer, go to the Gear like icon named Tools
● Then click on the Internet option from the further options
● Then click on Security tab
● Choose the Trusted Sites option
● Click on Sites button
● Now add your website that you want to access for your work in QuickBooks
● Click on Add and then click on Close button
● Then click on the button Custom Levels
● Scroll down to Miscellaneous heading and in this search for Allow data sources across domains then click on Enable in it
● After that, click the OK button then close the Internet options window
● In the end, restart your Internet Explorer browser.
What can I do if the QuickBooks Script error occurs during the import process?
● Open the Internet Explorer
● Locate the Tools button and then select Internet options
● In case you unable to discover the table option then press the Alt button
● It will display the hidden option
● Discover Advanced Option and then choose it
● Now delete the display a notification regarding script error space section
● Hit on OK button
Fix the Script Error while an Export Process in QuickBooks?
Clear all the cache data and cookies. Follow the steps:
● Hit on the Tools option which appears on the right side of the Internet Browser
● Click on Safety & security button and then hit on Delete history
● You require selecting the checkbox which says Cookies and Website data
● Choose Delete option
● It will take some time to delete the browser history
● Exit the internet explorer browser settings and then reopen it
What are the Significant Causes of QuickBooks Script Errors?
● Malware infection
● Blocked or disabled script processing features
● When trying to create an account name with already existing account numbers
● Importing on the wrong account
● When an import invoice or importing bill have different accounts from accounts due or assets
● Missing mandatory components of Active X