The Sage 50 downgrade conversion process involves removing from the current version any enhanced features that the user deems unnecessary. This is done to enhance speed and allow simplicity of usage. From this perspective, downgrading Sage 50 versions like Quantum to Premium or Quantum to Pro can occasionally be a huge lifesaver. You may think of downgrading as the opposite of a Sage update or Sage upgrade.
Downgrade from Accountants to a Lower Version of Sage 50
A current file cannot be downgraded to a previous version of Sage 50 Accounting. Here are two solutions that can be used to fix the problem, though.
Step 1: Upgrade the Client’s Version of Sage 50
- First Step version of Sage 50 can be upgraded to a Pro version (or Premium or Quantum).
Step 2: Create a new file in the version used by the client
- Only records (accounts, personnel, inventories and services, customers, vendors, projects, and the chart of accounts) from the original file can be exported to the new one if one is created.
- Note that transactional information won’t be transferrable.
- For additional information regarding exporting and importing records.
Downgrade Sage 50 Quantum to Pro
When do you need downgrading Quantum to pro?
There may be a number of situations when you need to downgrade Sage from one version to another. Here are a few of them…
- The latest versions of several tasks frequently make them too difficult and impracticable, and the advanced versions are prone to errors.
- Compatibility issues occur after downloading a new upgrade or switching interfaces. The best decision in this situation is to downgrade the version.
- After updating the software the internal extension fails to work.
- The performance of the update after the Sage 50 program upgrade does not meet user expectations.
- Due to this lack of acceptability, Sage Quantum must be downgraded to premium.
- Legal disputes may occasionally cause an organization to choose to switch from the current version to an older one.
Downgrade Sage 50 Quantum to Premium
You can choose to downgrade if the accounting software costs your business too much money or if the Sage 50 Quantum version increases in price. Sage 50 Quantum to Premium downgrades, as does Sage 50 Premium downgrade to Sage 50 Pro. If you use reliable service providers, this downgrading conversion from higher to lesser is 100% accurate and secure. Therefore, the first and most important step in preventing data loss is selecting a reputable service provider. Find out all the information you need to know in advance about Sage 50 Data Conversion.
Conversion of Sage 50 Premium to Pro
Step 1: Convert Sage 50 Company file
- If you are set on lowering your software, there is no getting around that. Sage 50 pro requires the export and import of data from Sage 50 premium.
- You must first export your accounting data, including transactions, lists, and reports, and then import it all into the downgraded version if you wish to switch to it permanently.
Step 2: Export data from Sage 50 premium
To export data from Sage 50 premium, you must follow the steps that are listed below.
- To begin you have to go to File and choose the Import/Export option.
- Then, select the Template to use when exporting data.
- Next, you have to select the Export option, and then select the Filter tab to focus only on the data you want to export.
- The order of the fields must then be set, and the data must be exported in this order. The data can be sorted using these fields as well. For example, information will be arranged and structured appropriately if you export data based on Customer Name.
- You must now select a Date Range so that the data can be exported.
- You can fine-tune your selection in advance by choosing Filter Range.
- Then, on the Fields tab, you must select the check boxes next to each field whose export you want to include.
- Following that, you can drag and drop files to reorder them.
- You must go to the Options page and select the Include Heading option if you wish to include the heading of each field in the exported file.
- Give the template a new name after selecting Save.
- Last but not least, choose and wait for the template validation process to be finished.
Although data is quickly exported, users must go through the process again for each list and report. There isn’t any other way, which can be inconvenient. Check out the Sage 50 Data Export To Excel Error solution to resolve the problem if you are exporting data into Excel.
Step 3: Import data into Sage 50 Pro
The steps listed below must be followed in order to import data into Sage 50 pro.
- You must first go to the File menu and select the Import/Export option.
- Select the Template you wish to use to import accounting data next. Then, you have to select the Import option.
- The next step is to review the fields and the template that is being shown.
- You must select each field you want to include in the data import on the fields tab by checking the show checkbox.
- After that, use the Move button to arrange the fields in according to your choices.
- Then, using the Arrow button, select the file to import into Sage 50.
- Following the above mentioned steps, you must name the choice First Row Contains Heading.
- Then you have to click the Save button.
- Finally, click OK to start the import process.
Your Sage 50 will import all of the data from an Excel file. However, matching the transactions to the correct account is equally important.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.