QuickBooks is straight forward revolutionary software in the accounting software market that comprise of potential features like to easily manage the accounting and finance part of all the businesses. Generating reports like invoices, bills etc. are one of the essential features of QuickBooks. For further analysis, these “invoice reports need to be exported from QuickBooks into Excel” by the user or the accountant. Due to the frequent changes carried out in worksheets, advanced Excel options in QuickBooks needs to be preferred.
QuickBooks invoice reports can be exported as Microsoft Excel workbook but with the CSV format, you save time that is used in for extra formatting for the reports. It helps in the immediate filtering of the invoice reports.
How to Export an Invoice from QuickBooks to Excel
To export an invoice in a .CSV format from your QuickBooks accounts, you would need to follow the below given steps:
- Login to your QuickBooks accounts and head over to the Reports tab.
- Click on the sales tab and then choose the customer details.
- This will open up a report window. Here you can choose the name of the clients and the date range for which you want to extract the details.
- If you need any further info or other columns to be included within your report then you can do that by applying filters. To include further filters:
- Click on the customize tab. This will give you the option to customize your report in a different pop-up.
- Now here, click on the filters option and check mark the options that you want to be included within your excel report.
- Once you are done, click on the Ok button and this will modify your report on the basis of your preferences.
- Now choose the excel button and this will download your QuickBooks invoice data in a .CSV format in MS excel.
It’s very simple to work with QuickBooks but only if you know the tricks. If you are new to using the program then you might face a lot of issues, not on the accounting part but on the technical ground. Thus if at any time you feel like that you are facing problems while using QuickBooks then give us a call to Askforaccounting and get connected with our QuickBooks support team now.