Inorder to Record the Purchase of a Vehicle in QuickBooks you would need to go through the following steps:
- Login to your QuickBooks company file and then choose the chart of accounts tab.
- From the window that appears, select the new tab.
- From the list of options, choose All account types.
- Select the next tab.
- Under the asset section, choose the type of asset you are going to enter. Now click on next tab.
- Enter the info that now follows like the details, name of the product etc.
- Click on the Next tab.
- Fill in the cost of the vehicle purchased.
- Click finish and you are done.
If you have purchased the vehicle on loan then follow the below given steps to create a loan entry within QuickBooks.
- Go to the chart of accounts tab and then click on the New tab.
- From all account types, click over the next tab.
- Now make the appropriate selection as current liabilities or the non current liabilities.
- Follow the steps and click on the next tab.
- Give a name to your account and click save.
For more info, you can get in touch with our quickbooks professional advisors and get your queries sorted. You can call them at our toll free help support number at 1800-865-4183.