QuickBooks is one of the finest software in the accounting section. Today almost every second person is using QuickBooks for his/her business finance-related management. QuickBooks always update his software for the better user interface but still, there is something arises in the mind as “How to delete chart of accounts in QuickBooks Desktop”.
QuickBooks definitely provides a way to remove the chart of accounts to the users. You can follow the below steps to delete the accounts in chart accounts.
- 1 Steps to Delete the Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks/ Unwanted Accounts
- 1.1 To use the Account Again Follow Below Steps
- 1.2 How to Create a New Account
- 1.3 To Edit an Account
- 1.3.1 For any query or issues, don’t hesitate to call at QuickBooks toll-free support number our team will help you to how to delete and import chart of accounts, delete journal entry and move in QuickBooks online within seconds . Our QuickBooks Support ProAdvisor are having years of experience in the same domain with excellent training. They provide you many options for your issues to solve your issues in many ways. If you are unable to call us just email us and our professionals will get back to you soon.
Steps to Delete the Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks/ Unwanted Accounts
- Go to accounting to the left navigation bar
- Need to select the chart of accounts is at top of page
- Select the account you want to remove
- Click on the drop-down arrow to register
- Delete the selected account
- At the notification click on yes
After following the above steps your account will be deactivated. Sometimes a user need to use the same amount again in those case you can follow the below steps.
To use the Account Again Follow Below Steps
- Go to the accounting tab
- Select the chart of accounts at the top of the page
- The select small gear icon at action column
- Checkbox the Include Inactive box
- Search account and click on blue make an active link
Not only you can delete the account in the QuickBooks but if you want you can also create and create and edit the accounts.
How to Create a New Account
- Go to List at the menu and then go to Chart of Accounts
- Select the drop-down menu at the bottom, then select a new account to create
- Select the account type and go-ahead
- Enter the account detail
- If you are creating a child account, select the checkbox of the sub account
- Select the parent account from the drop-down menu
- Click on Save and close
To Edit an Account
You can edit the account by following the below step
- Go to list >>select the chart of accounts
- Right-click on the account you want to make change
- Click on edit account
- Do the changes what you want to do
- Save it and close
QuickBooks is provided you a variety of activities to the user who are using QuickBooks. It is becoming one of the favorite accounting software for most people. Whether you have need QuickBooks for one person, more than one person or more than 50 people it is available there for your every need. For the medium size, small size is the perfect accounting software.