How to delete a journal entry in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks has today turned into one of the best accounting tools that manufacturers and businesses are using. The software was created for small businesses and provides users with many features that can help users manage accounts. If you are using this tool then many times you might need a journal entry to get some kind of transaction into the QuickBooks data base. Thus today we will guide you on:
- How to view journal entries in QuickBooks,
- How to edit a journal entry in QuickBooks and finally,
- How to delete a journal entry in QuickBooks.
Points to note:
- You have QuickBooks installed on your desktop. If you are looking to buy the program, then download the trial version, clicking on this link: “how to download QuickBooks“.
- You are not new to this accounting platform, but if you then check out: “How to get started with QuickBooks online“.
- You already have your companies profile setup. If you are facing issues then click on this link: “How to set up multiple companies in QuickBooks“.
Steps to delete a journal entry in QuickBooks?
- Click “Lists” at the top of the screen: and select the list that has the entry you want to delete. The list opens on the screen, providing access to all of the list’s entries.
- Click the entry that you want to delete to highlight it: Do not double-click the entry or a window appears on the screen, preventing you from deleting the entry. If you do double-click the entry, close the window by clicking the “X” in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click “Edit” in the top menu and select “Delete X,“: with the name of the list in place of the “X.”
Alternative way to delete Journal Entry in Quickbooks
- Click on the “Company’s tab“. This you can find on the upper menu of your screen. Now select “Make Journal Entries.“
- Click the “Previous” or “Next” buttons. Continue to do that untill you see the entry you want to delete.
- Click the “Edit” option in the upper menu and select “Delete General Journal.
Journal entry is a handy feature that is made available within Quickbooks. Maintaining them is as easy as handling them manually. Thus if you have any transaction then creating a journal entry will make things easy understand, but if you have any entry that has been wrongly created then deleting them is now no more an issue. Just follow the steps above and you will be able to do that by yourself.
Hope you are now able to delete a journal entry in QuickBooks, but if you are still facing an issue then call our Quickbooks professionals. Our proadvisors are readily available 24/7 to sort out your issue.
- Quickbooks disabled exceptions not defined. What to do?
- Quickbooks cannot communicate company file. How to fix it?
- How to record in kind donations in Quickbooks?