When you utilize the “QuickBooks POS Gift Cards” Service then Point of Sale naturally interfaces with the Gift Card servers and includes the 1st installment amount back to the card.
The discount sum is set in the Gift Card Purchase field on the installment screen. In case you switch a receipt that was initially sold to the gift voucher, it deducts the turned-around sum from the stored estimated value of the card.
If not utilizing the QuickBooks POS Gift Card Service, the switching procedure is the same. However, you’ll need to utilize the strategy plot by your administration to include/deduct the incentive back to the client’s card.
Steps to Selling a Gift Card
If you are utilizing QuickBooks POS gift cards service to sell off gift vouchers then below are the steps you would need to go through in recording them.
- Begin another receipt with or without different items recorded.
- Sideswipe the gift voucher while you’re in the Enter Items field on the invoice. On the other hand, sort Gift Card and after that press <Enter> to add a gift voucher to the receipt list.
- In the window shown, enter the gift voucher deal sum and swipe the gift voucher (or physically enter the card number) and click OK.
- Rehash for extra gift vouchers, up to three on the receipt.
- Select Take Payment to go to the installment window.
- Purpose of Sale associates with the Gift Card Service and updates the adjust for the card(s).
- Advance and affirmation messages are shown.
- Utilize general installment methodology to acknowledge the sum due or give change until the point that the Payment Complete message is shown.
- Save and print the receipt.
Set up Gift Cards in QuickBooks Point of Sale
- Ensure, you’ve connected the merchant account to QuickBooks POS.
- Open your QuickBooks Point of Sale program.
- Go to the File menu, select Setup Interview, and then choose the Gift Cards tab.
- Enter Payments Merchant Account and last 4 digits of Federal Tax ID
- After that click on Submit and finish the signup.
- Back to the Setup Interview option.
- Click on Yes, if you accept gift cards and then select Activate.
- Login to the payments accounts, and then select the account you use for POS.
- Close the window.
Benefits of QuickBooks POS Gift Cards Service
- Without any duplicate information, all correspondence with the administration and recording of gift voucher exchanges is done straightforwardly at your Point of Sale programming.
- Exchanges can be consequently presented on your QuickBooks monetary programming.
- Card worth is followed on the administration’s online servers as opposed to on the card itself.
- This gives you the adaptability to offer in whatever divisions your clients need and to increase the value of a gift voucher by “re-charging” the card.
- Check the leftover balance of a gift voucher from the receipt installment screen.
- Browse standard or custom cards. Custom cards enable you to include your own store logo as well as craftsmanship to your gift vouchers.
- Incorporated gift voucher amount and movement detailing at Point of Sale.
QuickBooks POS which is enabled with several versatile features also involves special space for gift cards. The gift card service allows you to trade stored-value gift cards which in turn can be redeemed from your POS programming software.
However, there are certain issues that might arise at the time of working with the software. In case you’re stuck anywhere you can contact Intuit QuickBooks POS Support in the U.S. Our team of QuickBooks professionals will assist you with all your concerns. These experts are solution guides for QuickBooks POS and serve you 24/7 with their knowledge and experience.