In Sage, when the Sage 50 event viewer shows error Clr20r3 occurs then it shows you a pop-up message saying: –
Error: Event viewer shows error code clr20r3.
Error: Sage 50 Accounting has stopped working [0035-rel\2015.2] or [0016-rel\2016.2.1].
Causes Behind the Sage 50 Event Viewer Shows Error clr20r3
This Sage 50 error happens because of many reasons like storage space of the drive being full, System requirements are not fulfilled, network problems, and many others.
- When the connection manager is not working properly.
- The storage space is full.
- The host file required some changes.
- Malware or virus attack in your system.
- Permissions are not granted.
Ways to Fix Sage 50 Event Viewer Shows Error Clr20r3
The solution is here given by the Sage team who is available all around the clock. So that you can resolve the error on your own by following the process. You have to resolve it to continue working on your account.
Step 1: Edit or Modify the Host File as Required
- Search for the Notepad in your system.
- Then right-click on it and select Run as administrator.
- Go to the File menu option then click on the Open from the drop-down options.
- On the bottom right side of the window, you have to change the type of the file from the “.txt” to “.*”.
- Open the location in the File Explorer- C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\etc.
- In this location, there is a file name Host open it.
- You have to write the below line at the end of the file 127.0.0.1 localhost.
- Now, do click on the option File menu.
- Then select the Save option to save the file in your system.
Step 2: Start the Connection Manager
- Open the control panel then click on the Administrative Tools.
- Select the Services option.
- You have to right-click on the Sage 50 Database Connection Manager and from drop-down options, click on the Properties.
- In the General tab, check the Startup type status.
- If it is disabled then set it as the Automatic.
- Click on the tab name Log on then click on the This account and mention the user account and password that is used to log in to your system.
- Then to apply all the changes you have to click on the Apply button.
- Again, go to the General tab and then click on the Start option to restart the service and then exit this window.
Step 3: File Explorer
- Then open the File Explorer in your system.
Step 4: C Drive
- Go to the C drive and right-click on it then from options select the Properties.
Step 5: Storage Space
- In the Properties window, make sure that there is storage space in the hard drive.
Step 6: Delete all the files that are in the Temp
- Search for the %Temp% in your Windows search bar.
- In the list, you can see a folder shown with the name TEMP.
- Then you have to open it by double-clicking on it.
- Now select all the files by pressing and holding the Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard.
- Then click on the Delete button to delete all the files that are selected.
Step 7: Project Module
- Check that the project module has a proper name.
Step 8: Server
- In case, you get the error while accessing the data through the server.
Step 9: Enter the IP Address instead of the Server Name
- Open the Sage50 in your system then open the Welcome screen.
- Now you have to select the option Select an existing company.
- Then in the file name enter the IP Address of the server then click on the Enter button.
- After that do guide the open screen of the company to the data file.
Step 10: Open the path C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Local\SimplyAccounting
- Firstly, open the file name Simply220.ini.
- Now to the data file, you have to change the path.
Step 11: The Permission of the Folder Allows for the Full Control to Everyone
- In your system double-click on the Windows Explorer.
- Then open the path C:\Users\%userbame%\Documents.
- Then open the Properties by right-clicking on the Simply Accounting folder.
- Go to the Security tab in the Properties window.
- Click on the Edit option then select the Add.
- Now type Everyone and click on the OK button.
- Select the Everyone account that you have just created and is found in the user names or group section.
- You have to tick mark the checkbox to Allow everyone full access to the account.
- Click on the OK button to apply all the changes.
Step 12: Uninstall the Software
- Reinstall the software again and this time you have to disable the antivirus while installing the software in your system.
Step 13: Virus or Malware
- Still getting issues then there is any virus or malware attack that you have to resolve and then repair the program. The solution is in detail so that you can do it step by step properly to fix the Sage 50 Error Clr20r3 in your account. The team is here all around the clock to help you by providing the best assistance. You just call the Sage 50 Consultant expert team or connect via live chat with Sage experts. The team members are also available via live chat or email.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.