In this article learn the causes of the Sage 50 error database engine on computer is unavailable and how to eliminate it. This issue happens when opening one company display with an error message…
Your database engine on computer [computer name] is unavailable. Please make sure that the computer is logged in or that the database service is running.
At times, Sage 50 Database Engine is unavailable on your computer, it is difficult to fix manually without help from technical experts. However, issues and doubts are really common & annoying in all software for the user while working on software. Before starting the resolution step, ensure that the system is logged in or the Sage 50 database engine is running.
Causes of Sage 50 Error Database Engine Unavailable
- If IPv6 is suitably enabled
- If they have permission to the shared folder
- If the files being permitted are encrypted or damaged
- If their ~pvsw~.loc file is corrupted or directed to the incorrect server.
How to Diagnose and Fix Sage 50 Database Engine on Computer is Unavailable
You can perform the below-mentioned resolution step to effortlessly fix the error Sage 50 Database Engine on Computer is Unavailable.
Method I: Set Windows to prefer IPv4 address over IPv6 on the workstation
Create a registry entry to prefer Ipv4 over Ipv6
- You have to log in to your computer as an administrator
- Then you have to Run the register editor
- Now you have to add a registry key and reboot for the change to take effect.
- Simply delete the registry entry to undo this change, then you have to reboot again.
Method II: Ping the server from the workstation
- You have to verify that you can ping the server from the workstation
- Contact your Network Administrator or an IT professional in case you receive a Request timed-out error.
Method III: The ~pvsw~ .loc file in the company data set folder is pointing to the wrong server or is damaged
- You have to close the Sage 50-U.S. Edition
- Then you have to browse to the location of your company
- Now delete ~pvsw~.loc for that company and reopen Sage 50
- Without error verify the company.
Method IV: The shared data folder has not been shared properly
- You have to verify that the file permissions on the shared folder are correctly set
- Then you have to verify that Sage 50 opens without an error
Method V: The company data folder has encrypted files in it
- First, you have to close Sage 50
- Go to your company’s location.
- Ctrl+A will select all of the files in the directory.
- Properties can be accessed by right-clicking the highlighted files.
- Choose the Advanced button.
- Check to make sure that the box labeled Encrypt contents to secure data is checked.
- Pick OK, then click Apply, and then click Ok
- Open Sage 50 again
- Make sure the business opens successfully.
Method VI: Create a new directory with the core company data files
- First, you have to open Sage 50 and then you have to select Open Existing Company
- Now you have to note the Directory for your company
- You have to double-click your company folder and then copy the Keys Backup folder, Version.txt, KMSKeys.xml, and all .DAT files.
- Then you have to paste it into the new folder
- After that, you have to select File, then you have to open Company, and then you have to open the company files from the new folder.
- Now check that you can access the company information
With the troubleshooting step given above, you can easily identify and repair the error Sage 50 database engine on the computer is unavailable. However, if the error still prevails, even after following the steps, then immediately connect with the Sage 50 consultant experts. The certified Sage specialists are actively available 24×7 throughout the year to consultant you as per your requirements & doubts Dial.
What does the Sage 50 Error “Database Engine on Computer is Unavailable” mean?
This error indicates that Sage 50 can’t access the database engine on your computer. The database engine is crucial for managing data. But when it’s unavailable then you may encounter issues with accessing or processing information in Sage 50.
Can a damaged database cause the “Database Engine Unavailable” error?
Yes, a damaged or corrupted database can cause this error. If the database engine encounters issues while processing data then Sage 50 may be unable to connect. This might result in the “Database Engine Unavailable” message.
How can I restart the database engine in Sage 50?
To restart the database engine, the user must close Sage 50 and open the Services window. Then locate the “Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine” service right-click and choose Restart. After restarting, reopen Sage 50 and check if the error continues.
Are there any preventive measures to avoid the “Database Engine Unavailable” error?
Regularly update your Sage 50 software and perform routine maintenance on your network. Ensure that your antivirus and firewall settings are compatible with Sage 50. Back up your data regularly to minimize the impact of potential database issues, reducing the likelihood of encountering the database engine unavailable error.