Actian Zen (Pervasive) error is one of the few most frustrating errors that one comes across while working on the Sage 50 program. Due to some discrepancy between the server and database, Sage 50 reports being unable to install Actian Zen or Actian Zen (Pervasive) database has failed.
The installation of the Actian Zen [or Pervasive] database has failed.
When a Pervasive Error Comes up in Sage 50
When you unable to install Actian Zen or Pervasive database has failed or error installing Pervasive. Pervasive setup cannot be run when the Pervasive PSQL Server Engine (64-bit) is installed.
What Causes of Sage 50 Pervasive Error
Several reasons are responsible for the error, Sage 50 cannot open the database, some of the main causes include.
- Pervasive service is no more active on the server.
- User Account Control (UAC) enabled.
- The firewall is not allowing the program to connect with Pervasive.
- The server name is not correct in the ~PVSW~.LOC File.
- The network is public on the workstation/server.
- Pervasive installation file or Actian Zen damaged.
- May be PervasiveMin folder was deleted.
- The data path is not correct on the workstation.
- Using PSQL Server engine 64 bits installed.
Tips to Fix Pervasive Error in Sage 50 Software
Error: “Sage 50 is unable to connect to its database, Pervasive, on computer [server]. Make sure the computer is logged in or that the database service is running. Learn how to fix sage 50 pervasive errors.
Step 1: Go to Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine
- Go to your desktop and press Windows + R keys.
- Type MSC in the given blank field and then Hit Ok.
- Go to Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and right-click it then Hit Stop.
- Again, go to Pervasive PSQL Workgroup Engine and right-click it then hit Start.
- Now open Sage 50 again to check that the error is gone.
Step 2: Run the standard installation from the server
- Enter \PeachtreeInstaller20xx (for example: PeachtreeInstaller2022)
- The Peachw folder should be open.
- The Install folder should be open.
- Run _Setup.exe as administrator by right-clicking it.
Step 3: Uninstall and Reinstall Actian Zen
Step 3: Network is public on the workstation/server
- Go to the Start button on your desktop.
- Go to the Control Panel and then choose Network and Sharing Centre.
- Check that the server is not set to public.
- Get in touch with IT Consultant via Sage Chat Consultant. The customer consultant service will help you assign the connection to the right network profile, or to address the issue head-on.
Step 4: Distributed file system (DFS) is active for mapped drives
- Disconnect the mapped drive.
- Use the server’s name and remap the drive.
Step 5: If the WMI is damaged
- Go to the desktop and hit the Windows + R Key
- Enter eventvwr in the blank field and hit.
- Now, choose Windows Log and then go to Application.
- If an error message referencing WMI appears on the screen, you will need to get in touch with Sage 50 Tech Consultant to help you resolve the issue.
Why I am Getting Pervasive Error Message While Processing Payroll for Multiple Employee?
This error occurs when you trying to convert data sudden displays a error message data conversion failed because data cannot be converted due to data type mismatch or data overflow.
Display an error message like that “Pervasive.Data.SqlClient.Lna.k: [LNA][Pervasive][ODBC Engine Interface] [Data Record Manager]”
This Pervasive error while processing Payroll usually caused using incorrect version of Pervasive.
Tips to Fix the Pervasive Error Message While Processing Payroll for Multiple Employee
- First of all, need to Add/Remove Programs option.
- After that uninstalling Pervasive.
- And then run a Repair on Sage software.
These methods provided above are intended to help you out with the Pervasive error on your Sage 50 software or Sage 50 pervasive invalid date issue. If you came across any difficulty or faced any issue while operating, you would need to contact Sage Experts. You can reach them either via Sage 50 Consultant or give them a call.
Speak to a Specialist about Your Sage Software
Get instant assistance with Sage accounting software. Our Sage experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of Sage 50 Software.