The QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to NetShareGetInfo for path happens due to some reasons like the registry are incorrect, configuration is not done properly, and other reasons too. Many reasons are mentioned below that helps you to identify the reason so that you can choose the solution accordingly.
QuickBooks small business accounting software was developed with the main objective to assist the small business owners. People who want to manage their business accounts flawlessly and accurately use software like QuickBooks. Implementing any kind of software to business is a simultaneous invitation to problems as well. That why we usually end up looking solution for errors like “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path”. “QuickBooks Event-ID 4 an unexpected error“
Like any other software QuickBooks is also prone to errors. There are many unexpected errors that QuickBooks users face on and off. One such error is the Unexpected Netsharegetinfo error. This QB error indicates that when the user tries to access the QB company file error message is displayed “Got unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path”.
This QuickBooks error happens when QBDataServiceUser fails to access to the company file location in QuickBooks. In case you are looking forward to resolve the error thoroughly then check if all the permissions are rightly configured for your counting tool to function properly. When you face this unexpected error of QuickBooks you need to fix it immediately. Here are the possible solutions you can try:
Find the Shortcuts
- About QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH
- Causes of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
- When the Error Occurs you Get Multiple Instances. These can be Defined as:
- How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in Call to Netsharegetinfo for PATH:
The error displays you the error message on your screen as- “Got Unexpected Error 5 in Call to NetShareGetInfo for Path”. With this, you also get to know the problem and the error in the displayed error message. There are 2 more things that you must know about are:-
- The unexpecter error happens “Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise solutions: Contractor 16.0”: V26.0D R3 (M=1066, L=335, C=249, V=0 (0))
- You face unexpected error 5 in call to NetShareInfo for the path\server\file.qbw.
Read more: Quickbooks Event ID 4 An unexpected error
Causes of QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
- It also happens when there is malicious, deleterious, and other viruses attack
- The settings of the system are configured improperly
- Improper shut down because of a power failure that happens suddenly
- The system and the component of it are not running operations of QuickBooks normally
- The Windows registry is invalid and irregular
- The software QuickBooks Desktop is not installed properly.
When the Error Occurs you Get Multiple Instances. These can be Defined as:
- Got Unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path \serverfile.QBW
- The QBdataserviceuser 25/26 accounts on the server with the QBDB manager have the authority to the folder and all files. When the DB manager runs (which also is a domain controller), then there remains no local administrator except the domain admin himself. This issue occurs when there is a problem with the network connection between the user and the database files.
- An Unexpected Error: “Intuit QuickBooks En Solution: Contractor 16.0”:
- The resolution methods for this error (C=249) indicates to ignore if QuickBooks is functioning.
There are 2 procedures that help you in resolving this error. You just have to follow the solution to fix the error in your QuickBooks Desktop account.
Before proceeding to the solution do this step if it can help. These simple steps are:-
- Delete the user
- Recreate the user in your QuickBooks account
- Then check for the error.
If the error still persists then proceed with the solutions mentioned here to fix the issue and get back to your work. Now follow the solution step by step on your own. The solutions are:-
Solution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
For using this method you have o download, install, and then run the tool in your system so the steps are as follows:-
- First of all, you have to download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool in your system
- Then go to the download and search for the file doctor file
- After locating the file, you have to run the file in your system
- The QuickBooks File doctor check all the folders and files automatically from your system
- This shows you that the hosting set up is done and it also works properly
- You have to provide system settings control and access fully using the permission level settings
- Find the damaged file and make it accessible in your QuickBooks account that you want to repair
- After this, you won’t face this error and it is resolved.
Solution 2: Scan your System using the Re-image Repair Tool
- Download the Reimage repair tool using the quality link so that you can download it without any issues
- Then save the downloaded file where you want to and also from where QuickBooks can easily access it
- Now install the tool in your system after completing the downloading process
- For running it click on the Yes button
- Start the tool in your system so that it displays you the welcome screen
- You have to unmark the checkbox of the program for the automatic scan process
- Then click on the Install button for starting the installation process of the Reimage repair tool
- For updating the tool, you must require the high-speed internet connection
- After that, the system is automatically scanned by the tool
- As a result, it shows you the areas that are damaged and need to be repaired
- Then click on the Start Repair button to repair all the areas that shows you in the results after scanning
- Follow all these steps properly to fix the issue and you soon be free from this error in your account and able to work easily.
Read more.. QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Get Help on Phone:
If your error was caused by problem as we understand then your issue should resolve by now. But if you are still facing “QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5 in call to NetShareGetInfo for path” then you would want to contact our QB experts. You can fetch prompt and responsive support service for your QB accounting software and the technical experts help you in all possible ways in according solutions to resolve this error.
Alternatively you can call Askforaccounting.com that is a reliable QuickBooks Support Company. It has a strong in house QuickBooks support team. Thus if facing any issue related to QuickBooks then get in touch with us now and get your issue fixed instantly.