Are you facing the problem where the error message is like: “QuickBooks accountant copy failed” Well then you would need to go through the below-given steps to get your issue fixed.
The error message where your accountant’s copy fails is often accompanied by an error message…
There is a problem while sending the QuickBooks file. Sorry, we cannot communicate with the server.
QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed: Reason
- The problem appears when your QuickBooks update is pending
- When the program file is larger than the allowed limit like 200 MB or more.
- The other reason for you to face this problem is when you are low on internet connectivity.
How to Solved QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed Issue
Now the question comes, how you can fix the error which is hindering your work?. If the bug is bothering you then you will have to try the following steps.
Total Time: 15 minutes
🔹 The very first thing you can make sure of is that you aren’t including any commas within your QB file name.
🔹 The second thing to note is whether, is there any newer update of the software. If this is so then you will have to update QuickBooks to its latest version.
🔹 Another best thing you can do to deal with QuickBooks accounting copy errors is to check for the size of your file.
🔹 You can check for your file size by pressing F2 on your keyboard.
🔹 Hitting the button will display your company info window.
🔹 Make sure that the size is no greater than 200 MB, but if it is then create a portable file.
🔹 Check out the damaged file. You may often find yourself in trouble if your company file is damaged.
🔹 In order to fix the issue you can look to restore the recent backup.
🔹 Make sure that you restore the file in some different folder than where it is currently and this will possibly solve your issue.
Steps to Create Accountant’s Copy
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on the File menu
- Then select the Company File
- Now, click on the Accountant’s copy
- Further, select the Client Activities
- After this, save it so click on Save File and press the Next button to continue
- Choose the Accountant’s copy and click the Next button
- Mention the dividing date and click on the Next button.
Create a Local Backup Copy of the QuickBooks Company File
- In QuickBooks, click on the File menu option
- From shown options, if there is an option to Switch to single-user mode then click on it
- Again, click on the File menu option
- Choose the Backup company option
- Further, select the option Create Local Backup
- The backup window opens up, in this click on Local Backup
- After that, hit on Options button below to open the window for backup options
- Click on the Browse button and choose the location to save a local backup copy of the QuickBooks company file
- Click on the OK button when you are done
- Now, wait for it to create a local backup copy of the QuickBooks company file.
If by any chance you are still struggling to resolve your issue, “QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed” then it’s time that you get yourself connected with our certified QuickBooks error Consultant Experts Consultant.
What is the list of Reasons behind the QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed?
There are a few main causes due to which this failure issue arises:
● Corrupt or damaged company files
● QuickBooks software needs to be updated
● QBW file maybe 200 MB or even larger
● Improper Internet connection or might be very slow
● It is also possible when the Firewall Settings is interfering with your upload
● Due to long dash in Microsoft Words and trying to copy it in the notes
● Problem sending the date to the Intuit Server.
Is the Reduction in the size of Company files rectifying QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed issue and how?
Yes, it can help you to some extent because file size (200 MB or larger) is one of the causes of this error. Let’s know here how:
● First, open the QuickBooks Company file (QBW) and press F2 (or Ctrl + 1) to open the Company Information window
● Under the File Information, note down the size of the file
● The file size is listed in Kilobytes (KB). 1000 KB = 1 Megabyte (MB)
● The file transfer service display error, if the file size is greater than 200, 000 KB (200 MB)
● You can either select,
○ Try to reduce file size and create or restore a QuickBooks Desktop portable company file (*.qbm)
○ At last, manually save and send the QBX/QBY without the Accountant File Transfer Service.
What are the important points needed to know when creating the Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks shows ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ in the title bar until the Accountant’s copy is saved, and it will remain the same until you apply the changes from the Accountant’s copy or delete the restrictions. If you delete the restrictions before the accountant returns the modifications, you will be unable to make any changes to the application that the accountant has made automatically.
How to Check if there is a Long Dash in my Notes?
You are required to consider a few things if your notes have a long dash. These are:
● You must insert text directly into the notes to clients without using long dashes.
● The text can be easily created and pasted using the Windows Text Editor.
● With the converted file QBY, you can email the MS Word document to your client.
● In MS Word, try to stop using the long dash; however, a single dash is appropriate.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.