Are you facing the problem where the error message is like: QuickBooks accountant copy failed…! Well then you would need to go through the below given steps to get your issue fixed.
🔔 Please note:
The error message where your accountants copy fails is often accompanied by an error message,
There is a problem sending the file. Sorry, we cannot communicate with the server.
- 1 QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed: Reason
- 2 QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed Solutions
- 3 FAQ’s
- 3.1 What is the list of Reasons behind the QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed?
- 3.2 Is Reduction in the size of Company files rectify QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed issue and how?
- 3.3 What are the important points needed to know when creating the Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks?
- 3.4 How to Check if there is a Long Dash in my Notes?
QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed: Reason
The problem appears when your QuickBooks update is pending or when the program file is larger than the allowed limit like 200 MB or more. The other reason for you to face this problem is when you are low on internet connectivity.
QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed Solutions
Now the question comes, how you can fix the error which is hindering your work. If the bug is bothering you then you will have to try following steps.
1️⃣ The very first thing you can make sure is that you aren’t including any comma’s within your QB file name.
2️⃣ The second thing to note is that, is there any newer update of the software. If this is so then you will have to update QuickBooks to its latest version.
3️⃣ Another best thing you can do to deal with QuickBooks accounting copy error is to check for the size of your file. You can check for your file size by pressing F2 on your keyboard. Hitting the button will display you company info window. Make sure that the size is no greater then 200 MB, but if it is then create a portable file.
4️⃣ Check out for the damaged file. You may often find yourself in trouble if your company file is damaged. In order to fix the issue you can look to restore the recent backup. Make sure that you restore the file in some different folder then where it is currently and this will possibly solve your issue.
If by any chance you are still struggling to resolve your issue, “QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed” then its time that you get yourself connect with our certified QuickBooks Proadvisor Support.
What is the list of Reasons behind the QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed?
There are few main causes due to which this failure issue arises like:
● Corrupt or damaged company files
● QuickBooks software needs to be updated
● QBW file may be 200 MB or even larger
● Improper Internet connection or might be very slow
● It is also possible when the Firewall Settings is interfering with your upload
● Due to long dash in Microsoft Words and trying to copy it in the notes
● Problem sending the date to the Intuit Server.
Is Reduction in the size of Company files rectify QuickBooks Accountant Copy Failed issue and how?
Yes, it can help you to some extent because file size (200 MB or larger) is one of the causes for this error. Let’s know here how:
● First, open QuickBooks Company file (QBW) and press F2 (or Ctrl + 1) to open the Company Information window
● Under the File Information, note down the size of file
● The file size is listed in Kilobytes (KB). 1000 KB = 1 Megabyte (MB)
● The file transfer service display error, if the file size is greater than 200, 000 KB (200 MB)
● You can either select,
○ Try to reduce file size create or restore a QuickBooks Desktop portable company file (*.qbm)
○ At last, manually save and send the QBX/QBY without the Accountant File Transfer Service.
What are the important points needed to know when creating the Accountant’s copy in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks shows ‘Accountant’s Changes Pending’ in the title bar until the Accountant’s copy is saved, and it will remain the same until you apply the changes from the Accountant’s copy or delete the restrictions. If you delete the restrictions before the accountant returns the modifications, you will be unable to make any changes to the application that the accountant has made automatically.
How to Check if there is a Long Dash in my Notes?
You are required to consider a few things if your notes have a long dash. These are:
● You must insert text directly into the notes to clients without using long dashes.
● The text can be easily created and pasted using the Windows Text Editor.
● With the converted file QBY, you can email the MS Word document to your client.
● In MS Word, try to stop using the long dash; however, a single dash is appropriate.