If you want to have expert advice and thus want to “send QuickBooks file to accountant“, the software allows you to do the same with ease.
If you are using QuickBooks then most likely you are managing 75% of the work yourself. It is not always possible to manage everything but still, it is really helpful to take care of financials all by oneself. You can even share your data via third-party Email hosting providers but you are always left with an option to have a secured transfer via QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Accountant Copy – Send QuickBooks File to Accountant
Ways you can transfer your file…?
- Sending Accountants copy via Email.
- Saving the file on a portable device like Pen-drive and sending the same to your accountant.
- Sending the file using Intuit’s file-transfer service.
Please note: Before sending your QuickBooks data to your accountant, you both must decide a “dividing-date”. It is the date where you both mutually agree not to have any editing. Thus, if your accountant wants to work on the data then you can’t have any editing done before the set date, and if you are editing then your accountant should refrain from making any changes.
How to Send QuickBooks File to Accountant
You can do that via email and that too without any hassle at all. Check out the steps to do the same:
- Login to your QuickBooks accounting platform to open up a company file.
- From the top navigation bar, click on the files menu.
- From the drop list that now appears, click on the accountant’s copy tab.
- Then choose to safely secure the file using the save option.
- If the path is demanded then choose the location or drive where you want to save your file.
- Now select the Accountant’s copy you just saved and hit the next option.
- Choose the dividing date and click the next option.
- Again you will be demanded to choose the location where you want to save the file.
- Provide the path and hit save.
- Click on the send option and your .QBX extension file will be made ready to send as an email attachment.
- At this point, you can also choose to store the file in your pen drive.
- Finally, send the file and wait for the reply.
How to Import Accountant Changes within QuickBooks?
As now your accountant has made changes to your financials, thus now the very next thing you would want to do is to import all the changes within your accounting program. If you are new to importing files within QuickBooks then here is what you would need to do:
- The very first thing you are required to do is save the Accountant’s copy within your system. This is required as you would need to, later on, upload the same within your program.
- Now click on the files tab on the top of the navigation bar.
- Choose the accountant’s copy and then hit the client’s activities.
- From the client activity option chooses to click on the Import accountant’s file. Follow the steps and all the changes will be imported.
I hope the above mention information will help you to Send QuickBooks File to the Accountant. If you are having an issue then you can even give us a call at our QuickBooks Experts and talk to our Experts now to fix any issue such as how to send “Send QuickBooks File to Accountant”.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.