Setting up date and time is of high importance within QuickBooks. It is because every transaction you pass or report you create within the program will get populated with its respective date. If you are sending out invoices or any report to your client then QuickBooks will automatically include date and time within the mailer. Thus let’s find out on “How to change date format in QuickBooks”
QuickBooks Date Format US & Canada
Every country follows a different time zone and date format. E.g.
- Date format in Canada: MM-DD-YYYY,
- Date format in the US: YYYY-MM-DD.
Thus, if you are living in the US and you get your clients from Canada then your customers may face some serious date issues. At the time of recording your clients may face issues understanding your invoice.
Following a certain format is not of all problems, but the problem arises when you deal in a different time zone. And this small issue can be easily sorted by simply changing the date format.
How to Change Date Format in QuickBooks?
If you are confused over “How to change date format in QuickBooks”, then let us make one thing very clear, “QuickBooks has no option to format date and time”. It picks up settings from your system.
The date format you use in windows or Mac is then picked up by your accounting program. It not only uses the same format but also copies time from your PC. If by chance you are following a wrong calendar or the time is not right, then the same will get floated within QuickBooks. Thus make sure that you are following the correct dates.
Steps to Change Date Format in QuickBooks
- If you have QuickBooks or any active window running then make an exit for a while.
- On your desktop, click on the start button. You can find that on the extreme left the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the control panel from the list of options provided.
- From the dialogue box that now appears, navigate to the regional and language preferences.
- You will now find the format option. Click on the tab and choose according to your preferences.
- Under the date format option, choose the style you now want to follow. Once you are done setting the format, click on the apply button. Any changes done here will affect how your date will appear in QuickBooks.
- To further style your displayed date, choose the advanced settings option. You will now be served with two options: Decimal format, Minutes format.
- Decimal format: If it’s 6 hours & 30 minutes, then it will be interpreted as 6.50 by your desktop.
- Minutes format: Here the same time above will be interpreted as 6:30. If you want to make life easier for yourself then always choose minute’s format.
- Once you are happy with your kind of formatting, click save and this will save all your preferences.
- Choose OK to exit the window.
Though there is no issue in following a certain date format, if you have the option to choose from as per your preferences then go for it, as it will only make your life easier.
Hope now you are all sorted. If your query is still not answered and you are looking for “How to change date format in QuickBooks” then you need to talk to our QuickBooks Proadvisor. Call them and they will assist you over the phone.
You can even give us a call at our Quickbooks help Canada, USA and UK at ✆ +1800-865-4183 and talk to our Proadvisor now.