Thus let’s find out on “How to change date format in QuickBooks“. Setting updates and time is of high importance within QuickBooks.
It is because every transaction you pass or report you create within the program will get populated with its respective date. If you are sending out invoices or any report to your client then QuickBooks will automatically include the date and time within the mailer.
- 1 QuickBooks Date Format US and Canada
- 2 How to Change Date Format in QuickBooks
- 3 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
- 4 FAQ’s
QuickBooks Date Format US and Canada
Every country follows a different time zone and date format. E.g.
- Date format in Canada: MM-DD-YYYY,
- Date format in the US: YYYY-MM-DD.
Thus, if you are living in the US and you get your clients from Canada then your customers may face some serious date issues. At the time of recording your clients may face issues understanding your invoice.
Following a certain format is not of all problems, but the problem arises when you deal with a different time zone. And this small issue can be easily sorted by simply changing the date format.
How to Change Date Format in QuickBooks
If you are confused over “How to change date format in QuickBooks”, then let us make one thing very clear, “QuickBooks has no option to format date and time”. It picks up settings from your system.
The date format you use in Windows or Mac is then picked up by your accounting program. It not only uses the same format but also copies time from your PC. If by chance you are following a wrong calendar or the time is not right, then the same will get floated within QuickBooks. Thus make sure that you are following the correct dates.
Steps to Change Date Format in QuickBooks:
- If you have QuickBooks or any active window running then make an exit for a while.
- On your desktop, click on the start button.
- You can find that on the extreme left at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the control panel from the list of options provided.
- The dialogue box that now appears, navigates to the regional and language preferences.
- You will now find the format option. Click on the tab and choose according to your preferences.
- Under the date format option, choose the style you now want to follow.
- Once you are done setting the format, click on the apply button.
- Any changes done here will affect how your date will appear in QuickBooks.
- To further style your displayed date, choose the advanced settings option.
- You will now be served with two options: Decimal format, and Minutes format.
- Decimal format: If it’s 6 hours & 30 minutes, then it will be interpreted as 6.50 by your desktop.
- Minutes format: Here the same time above will be interpreted as 6:30. If you want to make life easier for yourself then always choose a minute’s format.
- Once you are happy with your kind of formatting, click save and this will save all your preferences.
- Choose OK to exit the window.
Though there is no issue in following a certain date format, if you have the option to choose from as per your preferences then go for it, as it will only make your life easier.
Hope now you are all sorted. If your query is still not answered and you are looking for “How to change date format in QuickBooks” and change reconciliation date in QuickBooks, then you need to talk to our QuickBooks Proadvisor. Call them and they will assist you over the phone.
You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks support to help Canada, USA, and UK and talk to our Proadvisor now.
Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
Am I able to edit my date format in QuickBooks Desktop and how?
Yes, you can edit your date format with the help of the below steps:
● First, click on the Edit tab at the top of the menu
● And then go to the Preferences
● In the left navigation menu, click the “Reports and Graphs” option
● Now, go to the Company Preferences tab
● After that, click on the “Format” button under the section called “Default formatting for Reports”
● Once done then click on the “Date Prepared” using the drop-down and select the desired format that you wish to
● At last, you have to click Ok twice in the Preferences window.
How do I manually change the date of the bills or invoices in QuickBooks?
It is pretty much simple to change the date of bills or invoices. Here, you can see how:
● In the beginning, sign in to your QuickBooks account
● Next, go to the Gear icon and select the option “Account and Settings”
● After that, select the Advanced tab
● Then click on the pencil icon on the Automation section
● Put a checkmark in the box which is beside the “Pre-fill forms with previously entered content”
● Finally, click Save followed by the done tab.
How can we change the date format in the QuickBooks Online account?
In just a few clicks, you’ll be able to change the date format in your QuickBooks Online account:
● The very first, you have to open Control Panel and then select and click on the Regional and Language Options then close the Control Panel
● Pick the regional language format you want to use from the Formats tab
● Change the date formats to how you’d like them to appear, then hit the Apply button
● his will show you how the Short date, Long date, and First day of the week will appear
● Click on the Additional Settings button and it will allow you to further customize the date format
● Adjust the date formats to how you want them to be displayed by clicking the Date tab
● When done, click on OK
● Click on OK again to finish.
Is it possible to customize the format of the ship date in QuickBooks?
If you refer to these fields then it is possible to change their names by going to the Additional Customization window of the invoice template. Here’s how:
● Initially, go to the Lists from the top menu bar
● Next, select the Templates and then locate the invoice template
● Make a double-click on it to open the window called “Basic Customization”
● From the bottom menu, click on the “Additional Customization”
● Enter new names for the fields Ship-To, Ship Via, and Ship Date in the Title columns
● Make sure you check the Screen and Print boxes of these fields
● Finally, click on the Ok button.
When you’re done, go back to the Invoice screen and you’ll be able to view the new names in their respective fields.