With easy to use interface, QuickBooks is a highly recommended platform for newbies. If you are just starting out and have no experience using tech then QuickBooks would be our first choice. Though there may at times remains a lot of complexities, but we have seen people struggling with minor issues. How to “change reconciliation date in QuickBooks” remains one of them. Since the program is easy to use, thus with our easy to follow the guide, you should face no issue.
How to Change Reconciliation Date in QuickBooks with Ease?
In the program, you have the privilege to change the date of your transactions. Thus, if you have wrongly entered dates in QuickBooks be it an entry related to customers, vendors or simply a reconciled entry then you can change it according to your preferences.
Almost everything that QuickBooks supports can pretty much be modified as per your own needs. Click on the links below to learn more about the said modifications:
- How to change beginning balance in QuickBooks Reconciliation?
- How to edit reconciliation in QuickBooks?
- How to unreconcile in QuickBooks?
Since now that you have an idea of what QuickBooks is capable of thus let us check out “How to change reconciliation date in QuickBooks”.
Steps on How to Change Reconciliation Date in QuickBooks:
Inorder, to change the dates within your QuickBooks reconciliation report the only thing you would be doing is undo and then redo your entry. If you don’t already know how to do that, then the following steps will help you do so with ease:
QuickBooks as an accountant:
If you are using QuickBooks as an accountant or has invited yourself as an accountant then here are the steps you would need to follow:
- Launch QuickBooks company file.
- Click on the settings tab on the top navigation panel.
- From the drop-down section, choose the reconciliation icon.
- Choose the account for which you want to change the dates for your reconciled entry.
- Navigate to the reconciled entry you want to edit.
- Click on the undo tab. This will open up an edit menu.
- Redo your reconciled transaction and alter the dates.
- Click save and your transaction will once again be put on records.
Using QuickBooks as normally:
If you are not using QuickBooks as an accountant then:
- Head over to Bank registers tab within your top navigation panel.
- Click on the R options.
- Continue pressing the R button until your transaction disappears.
- This will be a manual process and would be repeated for each reconciled transaction.
How to change dates in QuickBooks…?
Though this may be a little off topic as it doesn’t relate to reconciliation, we want to make sure that you know how to change dates, be it an entry.
If you have ever faced issues and want to change dates of entries related to your customer or vendor, then follow the steps here:
Customer transaction dates:
If you have wrongly entered a transaction relating to your customer then here is what you can do about it.
- While having your QuickBooks logged in, choose customers tab from the top panel.
- From the dropdown list choose transactions tab.
- Choose the type of the transaction, you would like to edit, be it sales, bank charges, invoices etc.
- Double tap on the entry you want to modify and provide the relevant date and click save button.
- Your changes will be reflected in real time.
Vendor transaction dates:
If you have any vendor related transaction of which you want to change dates then the process will be same above. Here are the detailed steps, if you still want them:
- From the top panel, click on the vendor tab.
- Choose vendor center from the predefined list.
- From the dialogue box that opens up, choose vendors and click over the vendor whose entry you want to modify.
- Right-click on the vendor and choose the edit the transaction.
- Click on the date field and choose your relevant date for which you want to pass an entry.
- Choose the save your preferences and your changes will be reflected.
Hope you are now able to fix your query. If you are still facing trouble on how to change reconciliation date in QuickBooks then we would suggest giving us a call. Our QuickBooks proadvisors remain available 24/7 to take your calls and sort your issues.
Though QuickBooks is one of the easiest software at times it can be a little fussy too. If you are new to using QuickBooks and often times find yourself stuck with the program then it’s better to take support. Let us help you help with your accounts while you take care of your business.