How to Clear Accounts Payable in QuickBooks
Inorder to clear accounts payable amount in quickbooks you would need to go through the following steps:
- You would need to first create an account to clear your payables.
- Login to your quickbooks accounts and click on the lists menu.
- Select the chart of accounts tab and navigate from Accounts to New tab.
- Income> Continue.
- In the account name section enter the name as Clearing.
- Now hitSave & Close.
- Now write a journal entry to write off your existing balance.
- Click on the Companytab > Make General Journal Entries.
- Enter the Date.
- Now enter your transaction. If you have accounts receivables then you should credit the balance and if the payables then debit them. Add the name of the customer and hit save and close.
- Apply the Journal Entry to the relevant job.
- Customers> Receive Payments.
- Choose the invoice and head over to Discounts and Credits
- Select the credit amount under the credit link and hit done.
- Click save to save your changes and close to exit the window.
- Now create an entry to get the balance to the new customer.
- Company> Make General Journal Entries.
- Click on the Date tab to enter the required date.
- Now debit the accounts receivable and credit the clearing balance.
- Click Save and click Close.
- Now the there shouldn’t be any balance left.
If you want more info on how to clear accounts payable within quickbooks accounting software then you can talk to us. Our quickbooks proadvisor support team will assist you online and get your queries solved within no time.