Though we don’t deny that if you are a new user, you might face certain issues using the program. One such issue can be “How to delete a transfer of funds in QuickBooks”.
There is no accounting software like QuickBooks. The reason we emphasize this so much is not that, this is our own brand but because the functionality of the program is highly simplistic. Not only the product is easy to use, and comes with all-time Consultant but is multi-functional as well. You can grant access to people while you remain working with the same login credentials.
The possible scenarios under which you may want to Delete a Transfer of Funds in QuickBooks:
- Recorded the same transfer twice,
- Recorded the entry with wrong figures,
- Transferred your funds to an undesired account.
Detailed Steps to Delete Your Transfer of Funds in QuickBooks
You may have your own reasons but if you are facing issues and don’t know how to delete a transfer in QuickBooks then check out the below-given guide to do so.
- Login to your QuickBooks company file.
- From your dashboard, choose the banking This you can find, is located on the top navigation panel.
- From the banking drop-down menu, choose use registers.
- Make your choice from the list of accounts you have maintained.
- Double click on the same to find all the transactions related to that account.
- Locate an entry that relates to the transfer of funds that you want to delete.
- Choose to edit your entry. You can navigate the option from the upper left corner of your screen.
- From the edit panel, choose to delete your transfer.
- You will now be asked to confirm your action. Choose Ok and you will successfully be able to delete your transfer fund.
Undo your transfer:
People often get confused about this part. Please note that if you have initiated a transfer that now you want to undo, then the best thing you can do is delete your entry and it will solve the same purpose.
How to Delete a Duplicate Transfer
If by mistake you have entered a transfer twice then for sure you may see misleading figures. Thus the best you can do is delete this duplicate entry and you will be all even. Here are the steps on how to delete a duplicate transfer with ease:
- Click on the banking tab,
- Choose to click on the registers button.
- Locate the account and the entry within the account you would like to delete.
- Right-click on the transaction and choose delete from the popup that appears.
- Confirm that you want to delete your entry and your figures should match.
Hope you are now much clear over the concept of How to delete a transfer in QuickBooks. If you are still waiting for your error to get resolved then we would request you to get the help of our QuickBooks Consultant team.