If you are new to using QuickBooks and don’t know “How to export customer list from QuickBooks to excel” then just follow the step by step process here. If you are using QuickBooks then rest assured that you will never lose your customer contacts. This is because the software saves the list of your contacts and other relevant info. automatically, and within itself. This makes it really convenient for the QB user to invoice their customers as and when required without any loss of time and energy. Since customers are of prime importance to any business thus here is how to “export customer list from QuickBooks to excel“. If you ever want your customer list to be used externally, then all you need to do is export the file to excel.
How to Export Customer List from QuickBooks to Excel:
Using the functionality (customer center) within the program you can easily transfer your customer list from Quickbooks to excel with ease. All you would need is to download the file in a .csv format. To download your file, follow the steps below:
- Login to your QuickBooks account.
- From the top navigation menu, locate and click on the customer center You will now see a different window being displayed.
- If you have a list of selected customers that you want to export then choose them one at a time. To see the list of all the customer, click on the customers & Jobs tab and you will now be able to view the complete list.
- Filters come in handy if you want to export the list of only those customers who fulfilled certain action. E.g. customers who live in a certain location and visit you frequently. To apply filters, click on the down arrow under view tab and specify your criteria.
- To download your report to excel, click on the excel tab at the top of your displayed window. Choose to click on “Export customer list” tab.
- From your active screen, choose to create a new worksheet. If you want your excel file to be nicely formatted with all the values separated by comma’s then click on the Advanced tab. Check mark the box where it says, keep comma separated values within your Excel file.
- Finally when you are ready with your specified criteria then click on the Export button. Your file will now be successfully exported in a .csv format with excel.
Exporting or downloading a file from QuickBooks is not a complicated process at all, but if you are new to using a program then you may face issues. Though we tried to cover every aspect of your query “How to export customer list from QuickBooks to excel”, but if you still find issues then do write to us in the comment section below. If you need any instant help then give us a call and talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor now.