In this article, you learn what is advanced inventory and how to turn on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise“. QuickBooks introduced different versions that were specially developed for meeting the requirements of different industries.
QuickBooks Enterprises is one of the popular versions that comes with powerful features and functionalities. Advanced Inventory is one of the advanced features that has been recently included in this accounting solution. With the help of the advanced inventory feature, you can easily track the inventory status and make further purchases accordingly.
QuickBooks Advanced Inventory
With the advanced inventory feature enabled in your QB Enterprise version, you can easily track inventory stores from different sites or different locations. In case you accumulate the inventory from different warehouses it becomes easy for you to manage your inventory in your business. If you like to use this feature you have to buy advanced inventory or you have a license that comprises the advanced features in your subscription.
Steps on How to Turn on Advanced Inventory in QuickBooks Enterprise
For enabling the Advanced inventory feature within your QuickBooks program you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Edit menu -> Click Preferences.
- Choose Items & Inventory on the left pane -> Click the Company Preferences tab.
- Verify the Inventory and then Purchase Orders are Active boxes.
- Click the Advanced Inventory Settings button. (In case the button is grayed out although you have purchased the feature, you will need to sync license data online so that QuickBooks recognizes it and the feature turn on.)
- Open up your software and click on help.
- Select the manage my license tab and press the tab that says Sync License Data.
- Check again that Advanced Inventory Settings is not grayed out.
- Close and re-open the QuickBooks program.
- You are done with it.
Hope now you have a clear picture of “How to turn on advanced inventory in QuickBooks enterprise”. If for some reason you are not able to follow the steps above then we would suggest talking to a QuickBooks expert. If you don’t already know him then you can feel free to contact us. Our well-trained staff will coordinate with you and help you resolve your issue over a call.
Advanced Features to Meet your QuickBooks Flexibility
- Easily track inventory items to the specific bins within warehouses.
- Maintaining inventory within the system using barcodes.
- Manage the items either by lot numbers or by serial number.
- Assigning value to your stock which can then be used across multiple locations.
- Transfer the items between inventory sites.
How it Functions within QuickBooks Enterprise
In the Advanced inventory, our exclusive Add-On works right in the QB with the same UI. You don’t require any additional software to integrate your data in QB. Below are the features that you can save time.
- Track the Serial Numbers or Lot Numbers
- Track entire Inventory Data in One Place
- The configuration flexibility of different types of locations or warehouses
- Tracks the Bin Location
- Tracking stock in different locations.
- Barcode Scanning
You can choose to connect with the team through email, chat, and phone Consultant numbers. They assure instant Consultant for all QuickBooks issues and queries.
You can also prefer to connect with other well-known QuickBooks Consultant agencies like AskForAccounting Which houses experienced QuickBooks professionals who are efficient and capable of handling QuickBooks issues in very little time.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.