If your quickbooks customer list is out of order then you will have to resort that within quickbooks. Doing this will help you return the list in its default order. This will not only put your list in order, be it the customer list or vendor list but also helps you fix minor damages. Thus here we will have to resort the list to fix the issue. Here is how you can resort it.
- Within your quickbooks company account, click on the banking tab and then click on write cheque.
- Click “Pay to the order of” tab and then on your keyboard press Ctrl+L to open up the list windows.
- Now check the box where it says “Include inactive”. This will display all the inactive names of your customers. Uncheck if you don’t want them.
- Click on the names tab and from the drop down menu, click on the resort lists tab then hit OK.
- Now close and open up the program again. Check the list of customers and they should be in order.
If you still don’t see them in order then try the following steps:
- From the quickbooks company file, click on “Make journal General entries
- Now click on the names column and then hit Ctrl+L. This will display your names list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen. You can do so by hitting Ctrl+End button on your keyboard.
- Checkmark where it says Include Inactive button.
- Besides the name tab you can see and arrow, click on that and click on the resort list tab.
- Hit Ok and close the program.
- Now reopen quickbooks company file and you will be able to see your quickbooks company file in order.