QuickBooks Point of Sale system is implemented to enhance and track sales so that the time saved can be used in other business priorities. Like other software QuickBooks POS also encounters errors. QuickBooks POS Error 3180 is one such error that indicates that when the user tries to interface with the QuickBooks error status 3180 crops up. The error message displayed is “Sales tax detail line must have a vendor”.
QuickBooks POS Error 3180 :
QuickBooks POS Error 3180 can occur due to several reasons. It may be due to the improper/ incorrect settings in QuickBooks.
- Company Preferences usually exemplify the use of Sales Tax, but the Company Information has been incorrectly set to use a particular type of Tax Form.
- The Vendor for the tax agency is not set to a type of Tax Agency
- Accounts being interfaced are not setup with a Tax Type.
QuickBooks companies are defined with a Wizard. When the values are selected and they do not correspond to the proper setup for the taxes, this error will be given.
How to Resolve QuickBooks POS Error 3180?
Follow the solution recommended by Intuit® to fix the QuickBooks Error 3180.
- Verify the item list and view the QuickBooks accounts.
- Compare the accounts on the items that are in the chart of accounts in QB Financial and view anyone is an AP account.
- If you fail go into your preferences File -> Preferences -> Company -> and account under financial.
- Ensure the accounts are of correct types that are under basic tab and are not accounts payable accounts.
- First of all, prepare a backup copy -> Choose to apply accounts to existing items to make all items use the accounts.
- In case you have custom item account mapping that will undo that customer mapping though (thus creating a back up is essential).
- Prepare a backup for QB financial and for financial exchange.
- In case it fails further then thoroughly go through the advanced tab in the same preference.
- Ensure the accounts are correct and authentic. The correct accounts are ones that use AP or AR should be the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable.
- Go through Chart of Accounts in QB Financial and ensure that accounts that are not AR or AP are not marked that type.
The suggested steps need to be followed to the set up of QuickBooks set up :
- Select Company or the Company Information.
- Under Report Information set up Income Tax Form Used to the type of tax form desired.
In case you fail to resolve the issue recommended by Intuit you can choose to contact QuickBooks POS support pros. The expert QuickBooks professionals employed here will help you fix all the POS issues. They assure complete resolution in the minimum wait time. Connect with the support team by dialing the toll-free number ☎1-800-865-4183 and garner the best support services for Point of Sale software. Also you can contact our experts online by the ‘online chat’ option on
Not getting proper solutions or facing issues while resolving or confused how to resolve or not getting the error code or issues you are looking for??
Do not worry about just give our experts feedback of your issues or error code which solutions you are not getting from here, and our Experts will contact you as soon as possible and they will assist you to resolve the error or issues instantly so that you can use QuickBooks POS with ease. So hurry now and contact the expert team to get your error or issues resolved.