If you have an invoice that you would like to discount, you can do so in QuickBooks. Read how to add a discount to an invoice in QuickBooks.
You can use QuickBooks to track your expenses and income, and then generate invoices that reflect your actual expenses. If you use the right invoices, it will make it easy for customers and creditors to understand what you’re spending your money on.
Speak to a Specialist about Your QuickBooks Software
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.
How to Add a Discount to an Invoice in QuickBooks
In order to add a discount to your QuickBooks invoice, just follow these simple steps.
- Hope you are having the item in your head on which you want to apply a discount.
- Navigate to the items list from the list menu.
- Click on the “Items” tab and then click “New”.
- Check-mark “Type” and “Discount” to highlight them.
- Now give a name to your discounts tab so that you can easily recognize that.
- Provide the description and other details like the percentage of the discount you want to give.
- Now in this step, you will need to select the account on which the discount will be applied.
- Apply the tax code if applicable.
- Click “ok” when done.
Now since you have successfully created a discount item, now it’s time to apply the discount
- Click on the Customers tab and select customer center from the list.
- Now choose the invoice on which you want o to apply the discount.
- Now double tap on the line which you see immediately after the items tab.
- Click on the Enter discount item > Choose the appropriate discount.
- Congrats you have successfully applied the discount to the QuickBooks invoice.
If you still have any questions then you can give us a call and we will help you resolve your issue. To talk to our QuickBooks Consultant staff, dial our toll-free number. Our QuickBooks Experts will get in touch with you and will help you assist online.