Here are the steps you would need to follow in order to check “where to find accounting related preference in QuickBooks“.
- Within your QuickBooks account, click on the Gear icon. This you can find on the top right navigation bar of your QuickBooks dashboard.
- Now open up your company within the software.
- A drop down menu will now appear, from there click on the “Settings tab”,
- Now click on Advanced settings and
- Click on Accounting within it. Here you can change any preference you want for your QuickBooks accounts.
Why we make Changes in the QuickBooks Preferences Window
- Here you can change or set the fiscal year for your company. If you leave it blank then by default Jan will be picked as the first month.
- You can change the month for income tax year, this helps you align your business with the books of accounts.
- If you ever need to close the books of accounts then you can simply do that by clicking the box beside the message “Close the books”. This will now prompt you to enter the closing date. Now when the date will come, your books will be closed automatically.
Closing the books of accounts at a set date is by far the best feature available within quickbooks. It helps you virtually lock your historical data so that you don’t accidentally lose it. Thus it helps you put in the safe and secure area.
Hope we are now able to fix your issue on “Where to find accounting related preferences in QuickBooks”. But if you still feel like that you need further assistance then give us a call. You can dial our QuickBooks support for Canada.