QuickBooks accounting software is well equipped with all the necessary features that help in smooth functioning of your financial operations. It helps in automating the regular financial tasks and saves time to concentrate on other business priorities. Read “QuickBooks Paycheck Correct, Locate and Delete“.
- 1 QuickBooks Paycheck Correct || Locate || Delete
- 2 How to Correct the Paycheck in QuickBooks:
- 3 Where to Locate the Paycheck in QuickBooks
- 4 How to Delete a Paycheck in QuickBooks?
- 5 Prior to Performing the Editing steps, you need to Check out few Important things. They are:
- 6 Follow the below steps Instead for Voiding and Deleting Paychecks:
QuickBooks Paycheck Correct || Locate || Delete
QuickBooks benefits the user to generate numerous paychecks. There are times when there arise problems when pay checks are generated, and this is why help guide like this comes in. In the case of paychecks is not shifted to the payroll service, and comprise inappropriate or duplicate details, then QuickBooks allows you to edit or delete the direct deposit paychecks.
How to Correct the Paycheck in QuickBooks:
To Edit the Paycheck you need to follow the below-mentioned Steps:
- Open the paycheck
- Edit the changes on the check like the date or the check number.
- Select the Paycheck Detail to edit or delete amounts for individual Payroll Items such as salary, taxes withheld, etc. and Pay Period Once changes were done, hit OK
- Click on Save & Close
- A window is displayed to notify the edited transactions
- You will be prompted that you want to record the changes. Click yes and save
- Now edit the items no matter it has been submitted to Intuit as long as it doesn’t affect the Gross or Net amounts of a check.
Where to Locate the Paycheck in QuickBooks
In case You are Aware of the Name of the Employee:
- Click the Employees tab and select Employee Center tab.
- Choose the name of the employee under the Reports section and then choose QuickReport.
- To select a date, choose “All” and you will see all the payroll entries for the selected person.
- Seek the line entry for the incorrect paycheck in the report
- Click the entry to display the paycheck.
In Case you do not Know the Name of the Employee:
- Go to Reports tab and select Employees & Payroll. Now select Payroll entries by Payee.
- Choose “All” to date. The report showcases all the payroll transactions for the selected employee.
- Make sure that you are using the desired paycheck. Click the paycheck to display and review the entire check.
- Once you have found the incorrect paycheck, choose to open the same.
How to Delete a Paycheck in QuickBooks?
In case you want to delete any transaction you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the paycheck that you want to delete.
- Go to Edit tab and select Delete Paycheck.
- You have prompted a mass message “Would you like to delete this paycheck?” Click “OK”.
- In case the paycheck is deleted by mistake it can be retrieved by restoring the backup copy saved or by pulling-up the Audit Trail.
- Open the Audit Trail Report and go to Reports tab.
- Click on the Accountant and Taxes tab and choose Audit Trail Report.
- Delete the payroll liability check
📢 Note: Remember not to void liability checks from the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll service.
- Locate the liability check in the check register by clicking Banking.
- When prompted choose the Bank Account.
- Search the Liability check.
- Click on the liability check to do the editing.
- Click on edits tab and select the delete Liability Check option.
QuickBooks allows you to void or cancel a paycheck. It should be noted that clearing a paycheck is not similar to deleting other checks as the paychecks relate to tax and paycheck calculation of other liabilities.
Prior to Performing the Editing steps, you need to Check out few Important things. They are:
- Create a back up for your company file.
- In case the payroll is not sent, you can delete the paycheck rather than simply voiding it. This will not charge per check charge.
- If the payroll has been sent with the wrong check number, do not void the check. You need to perform the steps below to change a check number.
Follow the below steps Instead for Voiding and Deleting Paychecks:
- For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard, or Enhanced:
- Clear a paycheck
- Change your Direct Deposit bank account
- For QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Assisted:
- Void/ cancel/recall the check for QDPA.
- Change bank acc. info for your QDPA service deductions.
Deleting or voiding the liability check might cause the liabilities paid on the check to show as due. Thus tread with care.
If you are able to sort your issue then we are glad we helped, but in case you are still facing trouble then get in touch with our QuickBooks support.