If you are looking forward to how to “generate paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop“, then you are at the right place. As you must be aware that there are three types of Paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop: Termination, Unscheduled and Scheduled paychecks.
The AskForAccounting QuickBooks tech Consultant help team is going to help you out in generating these paychecks in QuickBooks Desktop.
Actions to Perform Prior to Generating a Paycheck
- Activation of your Payroll Services
- The latest tax tables need to be downloaded
- Update your QuickBooks
- Run QuickBooks Desktop in the mode-single User.
- Generate Payroll items for employees.
- Employee Withholding Information needs to be entered in QB Desktop.
- If you want to use the Direct Deposit method to pay your employee, Employee Direct Deposit Method needs to be set up in the Employee Profile.
- Generate Paychecks in the Company File in which you have been creating Paychecks already.
Which Payroll to Select?
- Scheduled Payroll: If the employee is paid on a weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, etc. span by you, then you need to opt for Scheduled Payroll. You can create the groups as well if you pay some of your employees in a different span of time.
- Unscheduled Payroll: Use this payroll if the employee is not paid at a specific interval of time. You can opt for this option if you are paying the employee a commission or bonus check.
- Termination Payroll: If the employee is no more working with the organization, or is going to be released, this payroll option generates the final check for them. It could include their release date and mark them as inactive if you wish.
Generating a Paychecks in the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and go to
- Select Pay Employees and opt for the paycheck you want to generate. Follow the prompts when you select either Scheduled, Unscheduled, or Termination Paycheck.
- Next, you need to check the Check Date, Pay Period Ends date, and Bank Account from which the money is drawn.
- You need to select the printing option that suits your need the best. Follow the prompt on the screen.
- Select the employee(s) you are going to pay.
- Check the next columns. You need to enter the amount in the given columns. You need to click on the name of the employee to show his paycheck details. There are several handy options available in this step, choose whichever suits your need the best.
- If there is another employee for whom you need to repeat the same procedure, click Save & Next, otherwise hit Save & Close. You will be redirected to the window- Enter Payroll Information, if you selected the latter.
- Hit Continue when you are sure that the checks could be generated now.
- The next window, Review and Create Paychecks opens up, reviews the options you had selected, and verifies the amount entered by you.
- Hit Create Paychecks.
- You can now pay the stubs or print the paychecks if you want, or you can save them for later.
- If you are a QB Desktop Payroll Assisted user, or you have generated Direct Deposit, then you need to send it to the authority by 5:00 in the evening and that too two days before to the check date.
You could generate paychecks by following the method given above.
However, we understand that it is difficult at times to follow the guidelines for various reasons, that’s why if you faced any difficulty or needed extended technical Consultant, we advise you to speak with our QuickBooks Consultant Team.