If you maintain your books of accounts on a daily basis then you are piling up your data within the program, which is, in fact, a good thing. But what if, you want to see the list of all the QuickBooks transactions history that you recently made…?
This simply means that you are regularly updating your virtual books for any financial transaction.
Will, you be going through all the accounts one by one…?
There is one better way to keep track of all the transactions within QuickBooks and that too in chronological order. And that is by going through QuickBooks transaction history (audit log). If you don’t already know how to make use of QuickBooks or access QuickBooks transaction history then just follow along.
How to Access QuickBooks Transaction History
Use Audit LOG
If you have any changes recently done then you can find all of that within your QuickBooks Audit log. Any transaction you make gets stored in the Audit Log. Thus if you want to see any transaction or want to keep a track of any financial entry recently done then follow the steps here:
Before you follow, make sure you are using the program as an admin.
How to Access Audit Log
To check the history of any transaction made, just follow the instructions below:
- The very first thing you would need to do is to open up the transaction, you want to check out the history.
- Now scroll down a bit and select the “More” tab.
- Click on the history tab.
- This will display a new window showing you the history of that particular transaction.
Benefits of Audit Log:
The report kept and maintained by QuickBooks Audit Log can be really beneficial to track every entry made. Thus, if your accountant is making any transaction then it can be easily traced by you with just a click of a button. This can be really helpful if you want to learn QuickBooks along with your accountant. Other benefits of using an Audit log are as follows:
- You can easily get deleted transactions report that you may further want to study.
- You can conveniently track the activity of any particular user. Thus at the time of any discrepancy, you can easily hold him responsible.
- You can do a complete audit here by locating the names of even those accounts that now have been merged.
- With an audit log, you can trace down all the incorrect entries that are causing reconciliation issues.
- You can get a report for all the users who are accessing QuickBooks on your behalf and what activity they are up to.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.