If you are using QuickBooks then you may know that there is no specific reason why you face an error. There may be 100’s of causes and thus are 100’s of solutions available. Error code 100 for QuickBooks is the perfect example for this. Error 100 is no specific to QuickBooks but POS and other versions of the software are haunted the same way.
QuickBooks POS software helps to run your business efficiently and effectively by:
- Ringing up sales,
- Accept credit cards,
- Manage vendors and inventory, and
- Build strong customer relationships.
It saves plenty of time by automatically syncing the data with QuickBooks Desktop software. As the software features helps in the quick and productive functionality of the business operations, there are instances when the software shows error and restricts the user to access the program. QuickBooks POS error code 100 is one of those errors that are usually reported by POS and bookkeeping users.
This error is shown when the user attempts to open Point of Sale (POS) software, the error then crops up with an error message:
Error 100 database server not found “08w01”.
Error code 100: Causes.
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of any software error. The major reasons for the POS error code 100 are as follows:
- Low on system resources,
- Point of Sale Database Manager may not be running
Steps to fix error code 100:
- Click OK to the error dialog box
- Restart your computer
- Attempt opening the Point of Sale application
- In case the error persists:
- Windows 7 of Vista: Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Run
- Windows XP: Go to Start -> Choose Run
- Enter services.msc in the Open field -> Click OK
- Click on the QBPOS Database Manager vXX and select Start. (Where vXX refers to the highest QBPOS version you see). In case Start is unavailable -> Choose Restart
If the error code 100 still lives in your QuickBooks System then you would need to contact QuickBooks customer care support. The QuickBooks experts are dedicated and experienced in handling the POS issues. You can reach them through email or online chat option as well.
Alternatively, you can contact AskforAccounting.com that is a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Company that roofs highly dedicated QuickBooks professionals who promptly accord relevant solutions to the POS errors reported. They assure first call resolution to the users and are approachable round the clock. Incase you are specifically facing issues with point of sale software then dial for QuickBooks POS Support at the same tollfree number.