“QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool” is a utility that helps users to troubleshoot various issues that usually occur while using the application. It especially repairs those errors that arise with the server connectivity. It allows users to get rid of various perplexing issues with the help of this tool and work efficiently with your QuickBooks POS. If users are wondering how to connect QuickBooks POS clients to the server, don’t fret this ultimate post can help you. Just read this post completely to explore more about the QB POS connectivity tool and how to use it for the error-resolutions.
- 1 How to Download and Use QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool
- 2 Issues can be Resolved Using QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool:
- 3 Resolve QuickBooks POS Some Common Issues using the Tool in QuickBooks
- 4 Utilize the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool:
- 5 Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
How to Download and Use QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool
Follow the steps below to ensure the method works for you. These are:
Total Time: 20 minutes
Step 1: Restart QuickBooks POS
🔹 Initially, press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command
🔹 Next, type services.msc in the open search field and then press Enter
🔹 Now, look for the QBPOS Database Manager vXX (latest released version available) from the services lists
🔹 Once find the service then right-click on it and select “STOP”
🔹 Make a note that service status should be STOP
🔹 Finally, restart or simply click on START.
Step 2: Create a copy of the Company File
🔹 Firstly, press Windows button from your desktop and open the computer window
🔹 Navigate to the location in the left windows:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale vXX (latest version)
🔹 Now, select Copy by right-clicking on the Data folder
🔹 Select the Paste option by right-clicking to a suitable location on the desktop.
Step 3: Download the QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool
Moving further, you need to download and run the Tool by following the below steps:
🔹 The very first, download the QBPOS Troubleshoot Connection Tool and you can choose from: QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 18.0 (it is compatible with Windows 7 or higher) or
🔹 QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale 12.0
🔹 Next, save the folder/file in the following location:
🔹 For 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
🔹 For 32-bit: C:\Program File \Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX
🔹 In the end, click on the Run button to troubleshoot the error once the download completes.
Step 4: Troubleshooting TCP/IP Protocol
🔹 Press the Windows Start button from the keyboard
🔹 Next, type, Control in the search bar and press Enter key
🔹 Now, click on the “Network and Sharing Center”
🔹 Along with that, select the “Manage Network Connections” option
🔹 Once you’re done with that, select Properties by right-clicking on any enabled “Local Area Connection”
🔹 Make sure that you have selected TCP/IPv6 and TCP/IPv4 internet protocols from the networking tab
🔹 If you have already selected then clear the check boxes and you need to reselect them and then hit the Ok button.
🔹 If you are not selected yet then select both of them and then click on the Ok button
🔹 In any case, the above-mentioned internet protocols are not listed then consult a technician or any other network technical experts to correct this issue.
Issues can be Resolved Using QuickBooks Point of Sale Connectivity Tool:
- Users can utilize the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool to fix the below-listed issues or situations. These include:
- When a technical error prevents you from accessing the QB POS program.
- Issues when connecting to server QuickBooks POS client.
- POS Alert 180063: This is an incorrect condition that cannot be fixed by using the QB POS Connectivity tool to start the database service.
- The QuickBooks Database Manager Service does not run or may get damaged, which is an essential tool for connecting QuickBooks to the server application.
- Sometimes, for other security reasons, it could be your Firewall or Internet security settings or third-party firewall restrictions that may prevent QuickBooks POS.
Possible Causes for these kinds of Issues:
- Because of the top multi-mode options
- Poor web serve
- A program with a third party may stop the application from working
- The IP address used is a dynamic IP
- Unconfigured folder permission and network sharing
Resolve QuickBooks POS Some Common Issues using the Tool in QuickBooks
Here are some of the solution mentioned that can help you in troubleshooting the QuickBooks point of sale error.
Solution 1: Check Connection Between QB Desktop and POS
- Initially, press the Start menu and then select the Preferences option
- Next, go to the Integrating Application and click on the Company Preferences
- Now, open QB POS and hit the Remove option
- After that, click on the Ok button
- Finally, open your QuickBooks application in order to check the issue
Solution 2: QuickBooks Financial Software
- The very first, close all the active running program
- Next, go to File menu >> Preference >> Company >> Financial
- Now, uncheck the box in order to use with QuickBooks Financial Software
- After that, hit the Save button
- Click on the Financial Center from the Financial Menu
- Hit the Set Up QuickBooks Connection
- At last, run the Financial Exchange.
Utilize the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool:
When using QuickBooks POS, such as a weak Internet connection, or when folder permission and network sharing are not enabled, multiple reasons may cause issues. In those cases, the QuickBooks POS Connectivity Tool can help.
The Tool display some of the information associated with your system and how it affects the ability of POS to open:
|TCP/IP Protocol||It displays Enabled. If it doesn’t show then look for the troubleshooting TCP/IP Protocol.|
|QB Point of Sale Install Type||It shows “Server Workstation” if this is your primary installation. If Client Workstation is shown, Reinstall Point of Sale as a workstation server again.|
|3rd Party Firewall Status||This shows “Not detected” unless you have enabled some other firewalls. If it displays detected, don’t configure your internet security software to block point of sale. See the POS firewall configuration for a list of all that is required to allow Point of Sale access to properly open.|
|QB POS Database Service Status||It must show “Running”. If it doesn’t show, close all programs, restart your computer and try again to run the tool.|
|Windows Firewall Status||This should show the “Needed QBPOS Application Exceptions defined in green in Windows Firewall”. If it is in red, see Opening a port to configure the firewall for the Point of Sale.|
|QB POS Database Information||The last opened Point of Sale (POS) file resides in this tab. If Start Status shows something other than Completed, then press Look Up Error Messages for steps to fix startup problems.|
|Ping Computers on Network||You can use this to see the network of other computers. The best use of this is on a client workstation to verify the server access.|
|Look Up Error Messages||Use this kind of solution to startup issues that are listed under Startups Status.|
|View Complete Database Log||A highly technical log detailing the Database activities of POS (Point of Sale). It is useful with a service agent or network technician while troubleshooting.|
|Verify Again||Users can use this in order to refresh the Tool after making changes in the settings on the system.|
Firewall Configuration for QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale
If a firewall blocks communication between server and client workstations, Point of Sale QuickBooks configures the firewall for you automatically. However, there are times when the manual configuration is needed.
The following processes can be disrupted when protection programs block QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Ports:
Database Server Manager: Ability to connect and record transactions/changes to the company file
Electronic Funds Transfer: Intuit Merchant Services credit card processing
Intuit Entitlement Service: Product license and user validation
Point of Sale Firewall Ports:
|TCP (Incoming)||8443, 8035, 8040, 8036, 46228, 8024, 8025, 46216, 46220, 46225, 2638, 46203, 443|
|UDP(Outgoing)||8035, 2638, 3036, 8024|
Default Ports for the Executable Files:
Here are some of the default ports that users can check while downloading the Tool that includes: 8443, 46203, 8024, 2638, 46204, 8025, 443.
|DataImporter.exeQBPOSShell.exe (v10 & higher)Eftsvr.exe (v9 &lower)DataImporter.exe||32-bit: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX\ 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX\|
|QBDBMgrN.exeQBDBMgr.exeQBPOSDBService.exe||32-bit: C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX\DatabaseServer\ 64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks POS XX\DatabaseServer\|
Steps to Configure Windows Firewall
- Firstly, press Windows + R key from the keyboard in order to open Run Command
- Next, type Control in the search box then hit Ok button to open Control Panel
- Now, set the “View by” to small icons
- Select and click on the Windows Firewall option
- Choose Inbound by selecting the Advanced Settings
- When you’re done with that, click on the New Rule
- Hit the “Next” button before selecting the “Port” button
- To proceed further, enter the port numbers and then hit the Next button
- Now, choose the Allow Connection and then select the Next button
- Enter the appropriate Firewall Rule such as POS
- At last, hit the Finish button.
- Perform 5-9 steps to create the new Outbound Rule.
So, the above information is the complete guidance about “QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool” and gives you a clear understanding of the Tool. By following the above-discussed steps, you are easily able to download and use the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale Connectivity Tool.
It also helps you to resolve the common QuickBooks POS related issues. In case, you have trouble with any of the above-mentioned steps then it is suggested you seek assistance from the QuickBooks POS support team by dialing the toll-free number. You can also reach them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or do a live chat with a dedicated professional.