Point of Sale is useful but it is not an easy application as it throws errors which are hard to understand not only for a beginner but for an expert as well. QuickBooks POS client cannot connect to server is one such error where you being a client cannot do much about it.
QuickBooks POS is retail software that comes with hardware application. This software can be integrated with several other software’s like Payroll, QuickBooks and others. It is available in three versions i.e. Basic, Pro, and Multi-Store.
While working on your POS, you may come across technical issues that you may face hard to deal with. For this, you would need to connect with QuickBooks POS Support to get your point of sale issue fixed.
- 1 QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server
- 2 Step to Resolve QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server Error
QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server
The reason you face this issue is because of the multi-user mode error and you will see the following error message:
Error: Elaborate the Company Data File & the Server
Inorder to get your issue sorted, follow the steps below. Incase of any problem that you might face you can easily get in touch with QuickBooks proadvisor and get your problem resolved in no time.
QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server Causes:
- Your server is not set for multi-user mode.
- Windows Firewall or any other third-party application interfering with the connection.
- Problems with network connection.
- The IP address which is in use is a dynamic IP.
- Configuration is not properly carried out for Network sharing and folder permission.
📣 Important Tips:
Here are some important tips that you should keep in mind when fixing QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server issue:
- Check for system requirements for your QuickBooks POS.
- Reboot your workstation and server simultaneously.
- Check the connections for each port and restart all the connections.
- Check the connection between the client’s workstation that is connected to the LAN and the server. Check that they are communicating with each other properly.
- You should be logged into the system as the Administrator.
Step to Resolve QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server Error
Follow the solutions that are mentioned in this article to resolve your QuickBooks Point of Sale issues with the server
Total Time: 32 minutes
Step 1️⃣: Your server is set to multi-user mode
✔ Go to the File menu in your QuickBooks POS application.
✔ Click on the Switch Company File to Multi-User Mode.
✔ Close your application and restart your system.
✔ Open your QuickBooks POS again.
Step 2️⃣: Network discover option is to be turned ON
✔ Click on the Control Panel
✔ Select the Network & Sharing Center
✔ Click on the Change advanced sharing setting option from left side of the window.
✔ Enlarge your network profile.
✔ From the Network discovery section, click on the Turn on the option Network Discovery.
✔ From setting option, select the All Networks option to expand the section.
✔ Go to Protected Sharing pane, click on the Turn off Protected Sharing
✔ Close the window.
✔ Restart your system.
Step 3️⃣: Renaming the WSActivity Files
✔ Browse for the folder that contains WSActivity.
✔ Rename that file by right-clicking on it.
✔ The new name for that file is OLDWSActivity.
✔ Close all your QuickBooks POS application and open it again.
Reach us for help:
With the steps mentioned in this article, you can easily resolve your error, QuickBooks POS Client Cannot Connect to Server error. But in case you are unable to get your problem fixed then dial our QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support phone number +1800-865-4183 and ask for instant help. AskforAccounting.com is a QuickBooks Point of Sale consulting firm that takes care of the needs of people using POS. Thus connect with us via phone or chat and get help as per your convenience.