QuickBooks, the way the software is designed, is meant to keep the user interface as friendly as possible. This is the reason why many features are clubbed with features of similar nature. Take “export check register in QuickBooks” as an e.g. the only way to export the files from the program to excel is to use the print feature within QuickBooks.
Check Register in QuickBooks – Intuit
The print functionality within QB will let you save your check register and you will then be able to analyze the doc as per your need. Exporting check register in QuickBooks will also allow you to verify, print and maintain a physical copy of your file for easy accessibility.
Exporting and maintaining physical copy can be very handy when you are a large company and dealing with several banks at the same time. This is because you can then easily verify if your deposits are rooting the bank of your choice or are there any lag.
How to Export Check Register from QuickBooks?
If you are new to using the program and want the easy step by step guide on how to export check register in QuickBooks, then follow along:
- Login to your QuickBooks dashboard.
- Click on the banking’s tab.
- Locate the edit A drop down menu will now appear. Choose use registers tab from the predefined list.
- From the list of check registers provided, choose the one that you would like to export.
- Click ok.
- Now hit the print tab and choose the date range for which you would like to print, save or export check register.
- Choose ok to the dialogue box that now appears.
- From the settings tab, click on the file
- Choose from the following below given options. These options will further decide what you want to do with your file. Note, if you simply want to export check register: Quickbooks in excel then choose “comma delimited file format”. If you want the file to be printed than any of the below-given file formats will work.
- Comma delimited file,
- ASCII text file or,
- Tab delimited file.
- Choose your preferred location by clicking on the browse button. Navigate to the location you would like to save in and click save.
Hope you are now able to export check register from QuickBooks successfully. But if you are still facing issues then we would request you to call our proadvisors. Our technical staff at Askforaccounting.com is experienced and highly qualified to resolve every issue you might have. Thus waste no time further and get in touch with us now.