- 1 This you Can do this by Following These Few Simple Steps to Generate 1099 in QuickBooks
- 2 Get solutions to all of your accounting and bookkeeping problems with industry leading experts
This you Can do this by Following These Few Simple Steps to Generate 1099 in QuickBooks
You would need to first turn on the 1099 feature in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks company account and click on the edit button.
- Select the preferences tab to see a different window opening.
- Now click on the Tax button. This you will find on the left hand side of the screen.
- Now click on the business preferences tab again.
- Click Yes where it says“Do you file 1099-MISC forms?”.
- Select Ok when done.
Now a vendor has to be added
- In the company profile select on the Vendors tab.
- Now choose the Vendor Center.
- Now create 1099 a vendor by clicking on the New vendors tab and give it a name and enter some basic info.
- Click OK when done.
- Now you would have to let the vendor receive 1099 Form.
- By being on the vendors tab, select the tax icon.
- Now you will have the list of all the vendors created so far. Select the one eligible for the Tax 1099.
- Enter their tax ID and hit OK.
Generate QuickBooks 1099 forms
- To generate the form make sure that all the info fed in are up to date. You would need to verify every single detail. This you can do by running QuickBooks 1099 wizard.
- Choose your filing method and click Print 1099. But before you can print that you would need select the date range.
- Again you will be prompted to choose from the different 1099 forms available in QuickBooks. Select yours that you would want to be printed.
- Select where it says, click to “Print 1099 form”.
- If you have reached this far then congrats you have generated 1099.
If you still have questions then give us a call at our QuickBooks toll-free number. You can speak to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor any time of the day and they will help you out with any problem you might have with QuickBooks.