If you own a business, you need to generate 1099 forms for your employees. QuickBooks software easily generates 1099 forms for you. Read the article carefully to know how to “generate 1099 in QuickBooks” accounting software.
You will just need to input the information from the 1099 form and QuickBooks will do the rest. QuickBooks allows you to generate tax slips, 1099 forms, and invoices. You can also export your data to other software programs if you want.
Table of Contents
How to Generate 1099 in QuickBooks
Follow the below complete steps to generate 1099 in QuickBooks.
Step 1: First turn on the 1099 feature in QuickBooks
- Login to your QuickBooks company accounts and click on the edit button.
- Select the preferences tab to see a different window opening.
- Now click on the Tax button.
- This you will find on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Now click on the business preferences tab again.
- Click Yes where it says“Do you file 1099-MISC forms?”.
- Select Ok when done.
Step 2: Now a vendor has to be added
- In the company profile selected on the Vendors tab.
- Now choose the Vendor Center.
- Now create 1099 a vendor by clicking on the New vendor’s tab and giving it a name and entering some basic info.
- Click OK when done.
- Now you would have to let the vendor receive the 1099 Form.
- By being on the vendors’ tab, select the tax icon.
- Now you will have the list of all the vendors created so far.
- Select the one eligible for Tax 1099.
- Enter their tax ID and hit OK.
Step 3: Generate QuickBooks 1099 forms
- To generate the form make sure that all the info fed in is up to date.
- You would need to verify every single detail.
- This you can do by running QuickBooks 1099 wizard.
- Choose your filing method and click Print 1099.
- But before you can print that you would need to select the date range.
- Again you will be prompted to choose from the different 1099 forms available in QuickBooks.
- Select yours that you would want to be printed.
- Select where it says, click on “Print 1099 form”.
- If you have reached this far then congrats you have generated 1099.
If you still have questions then give us a call at our QuickBooks toll-free number. You can speak to our QuickBooks Experts any time of the day and they will help you out with any problem you might have with QuickBooks.