It’s a swift way of “record daily sales in QuickBooks” and customer payments enhance the efficiency of managing records. Equipped with impeccable features QuickBooks Pro helps accountants and bookkeepers to keep a tab on all the incoming and outgoing flow of money.
QuickBooks comes in three basic editions, namely, QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Enterprise. Out of these three QuickBooks Pro is the most basic, simple, and widely used accounting software available online.
Table of Contents
How to Record Daily Sales in QuickBooks
Follow the mentioned 6 steps to record daily sales in QuickBooks.
Step 1: Recording & Tracking Sales with Sales Receipt
Sales: In scenarios wherein you sell a product or service and receive payment on the spot, you record the transaction with a sales receipt.
- Go to the Transactions tab in the Navigation Bar and
- Select the ‘Sales’ option.
Select Sales Receipt: In order to choose the sales receipts:
- Choose the option stating ‘New Transaction’ and then
- Click on ‘Sales Receipt’.
Complete the Sales Receipt: Under this, a form will be displayed:
- Correctly fill in all the areas with the information regarding the customer and then
- Save the receipt.
Step 2: Recording Sales with an Invoice
Invoice: In case you agree to let the client or customer make payments against the product at a later time then you should record this transaction with an Invoice.For this:
- Select the Plus Sign Menu and then,
- Select the Invoice option under the Customers tab.
Fill in Customer Information: Enter all the fields with the correct information of the customer and then save it.
When you Receive the Payments: After your customers make the correct payments:
- Go to Plus Sign Menu and select the ‘Customers’ option.
- Now select Receive Payment option and fill in all the required customer details and mode of payment in the specified space under the correct ‘Customer Name’ and save it.
Step 3: Record Your Deposit
Bank Deposits: To record your deposit,
- Go to the Plus Sign Menu and
- Under Other choose Bank Deposit.
Choose an Account: Choose the proper account and then:
- Select Existing Payment or Add New Deposit.
- Then Save it.
Step 4: Record Unbilled Activity
Customers: This is done when you have to keep track of customer invoices that are due for either billable hours or for products sold to them. For this click on the ‘Customers’ tab on the Navigation Bar.
Unbilled Activity: Now select the Unbilled Activity tab from the color-coded bar to check what has to be changed and what not.
Step 5: Maintain a Weekly Timesheet
- Open Weekly Timesheet: To keep track, open a weekly timesheet by selecting the particular customer and then fill in the product or service purchased along with the charge delayed information.
- Add Billable Items and Hours: You can add any and all items that are to be billed along with the hours daily and save them in a Weekly time sheet for reference.
Step 6: Invoice Your Customers
- Open Invoice: To create the invoice for your customers for specific hours, click on Plus Size Menu and then on Customers. Under this choose the ‘Invoice’ option.
- Adding to Billed Hours: Under this invoice, you will add the hours your customers are billed for from the Weekly Timesheet.
Following every step properly will help you sort out your query on “How to record daily sales in QuickBooks”, but in case you are still facing the issue then talk to our QuickBooks Consultant now. Our Consultant team is ready 24/7 to take care of any issue you might have. Thus hesitate no more as smaller issues can create bigger problems.