In this article, you read how to “Record In-kind Donations in QuickBooks“. Donations made in kind can be recorded by passing a simple journal entry within QuickBooks.
How to Record In-kind Donations in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Need to Setup Some of the Accounts
- Setup In-kind income account under Income account.
- Setup services donated account under Expense account.
- Setup items donated account within Asset.
Solution 2: Now Pass a Journal Entry within QuickBooks Company File
- Locate the journal entries tab under your company file and enter the date when you got the donation.
- Now select the account (In our case it would be In-kind income) wherein you want to credit the donation amount. Enter the figure in the box provided.
- If you want to enter any further details then enter the same within the Memo’s filed.
- Provide the name of the person from whom you received the donation. The name will go in the name field section within QuickBooks.
- Now enter the relevant Asset or Expense account and feed in the amount on the debit side of the column.
- Click save and close the window and your donations will be recorded successfully.
If you need any further help or still struggling to “Record In-kind Donations in QuickBooks” then talk to our QuickBooks Consultant. Give us a call or connect through chat, raise your issue and your query will be taken care of instantly.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.