One of the typical ways is to manage the transactions of QuickBooks Desktop. Many of the users are not aware of the ways of managing the transactions. Today’s article informs you about how to void, refund, delete a credit card transaction in QuickBooks Desktop. Every user knows the QuickBooks Desktop as it is worldwide accounting software which is most popular among small and medium-sized business owners.
When a QuickBooks Payment is linked to your company file, it is the best practice to create any transactions directly in QuickBooks.
Definition of Terms is mentioned below.
- Refund – Happens when the batch closed for the original transactions
- Void – Happens before the batch has closed for the original transaction
- Delete – Delete means deleting a transaction for a credit card
How to Void a credit card transactions
To void any transaction, kindly follow the below process.
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Payments account
- Go to the Processing Tools drop-down, choose to Reverse a Transaction
- Mention the important details which are asked and select Search
- Choose that transaction which you want to refund and then select Submit
There is one more method to reverse or void a transaction, you can also try below steps:
- Firstly Sign in to your QuickBook Payment accounts
- Locate Activity and Reports drop-down and select Transactions
- Mention the date range as per your requirement
- Select Search
- Now select the Transaction Id or the transaction which you want to return
- Select option Reverse(Credit /Void)
- Select the checkbox for the transaction you want, select submit
How to Process a refund
- Open the company file
- Go to QuickBooks Home screen, click to refund and credit icon
- Now mention the desired customer name and amount to be returned in the customer credit memo screen
- Save and close
- Now Available credit screen appears, choose to Give a refund and after that click OK
- A new window appears to Issue a refund, in the window select credit card type which needs to be refunded and enter the card information
- Click OK to complete the refund process
Delete transactions of credit card
- Go to the File menu and choose Switch to Single-user mode
- Now select the Accountant menu, click Delete Transactions
- Click the transaction which you want to delete
- Select option review and delete
- Now click on Backup and Delete. Alternatively, you can also skip and select Delete only
- Select Yes
If you find any trouble to follow the above steps, you can try to contact QuickBooks Helpdesk to get the help.
For more information dial 1-800-865-4183 and get connected with QuickBooks Helpdesk. QuickBooks professionals are trained, experienced in the same domain, and can solve the QuickBooks issues in minimum time with complete satisfaction. You can also email at email@example.com and get in touch with the QuickBooks Helpdesk. QuickBooks Assistant is available 24*7 to give you help for any issues related to QuickBooks.