Quickbooks credit card payment not showing up in reconciliation
Credit Card Reconciliation refers to the process that is carried out when credit card statements are received. This can also be done when the financial period closes. It involves checking the integrity of data between credit card statements and your financial institution.
For the reconciliation process, the accounting professionals go through each and every transaction in the credit card statement and match it with the internal system of the company. There are different ways to record a payment to a credit card. You can:
- Write a Check,
- Transfer payment,
- Use Bill/Pay Bills,
- Use Banking downloads to add your entry,
- Make payment during reconciling the credit card account, or
- Create a Journal Entry.
Creating a QuickBooks account for each credit card is essential for every business. Here the type of account created will be Credit Card. For a debit card, the transactions are entered directly into the bank account check register and not on the Credit Card account type.
No matter QuickBooks is smartly engineered accounting application but there are circumstances when an error occurs and user faces problem in handling the software. Credit card payments not being visible in the reconciliation is one of the common error reported by the QuickBooks users.
Possible Credit Card Related Errors
There are four common errors that are commonly reported by QuickBooks users. They are as follows:
- Error when the client is able to make partial payments on its card bills.
- Accounts Payable is involved for revolving debt balances.
- All card bills seem to track the same expense account.
- Credit card accounts fail to reconcile.
Symptoms of these errors:
When any of the above-given error appears then you may experience:
- Accounts payable balance being too high with many credit card bills,
- The expenses section often remains high but the bank account balance seems to be right.
Reasons and steps to fix: Why QuickBooks Credit Card Payment not showing up in Reconciliation:
- The same credit card entry is reconciled earlier:
- You can view the transactions reconciled through the bank register,
- Verify if it is marked with an “R”.
- Transactions are hidden by mistake:
- You can remove the check mark for Hiding transactions after the end date of the statement.
- Find hidden transactions on the right of your window.
- Lastly, you can verify if you haven’t created credit card transaction within your reconciliation account. To fix this issue, ensure verification of the account mentioned in the payment.
Reconciliation of credit card transactions in QuickBooks is similar to the bank reconciliation process. If in case you continue to face the same issue i.e. “QuickBooks Credit Card Payment not showing up in Reconciliation” then it should be checked if credit card statement is reconciled to the charges.
If you don’t see a solution to your query and continue to face bug then it is quite a possibility that you may have some serious issues with your QuickBooks. We would here request you get in touch with our QuickBooks proadvisors as soon as possible. Delaying things most likely may cause some severe problems within your system. Thus wait no longer and give us a call now.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.
You can even give us a call at our Quickbooks Error support for USA, UK and Canada at ✆ +1800-865-4183 and talk to our Proadvisor now.