This article will give the user the steps that need to be followed on how to “Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks“. It is recommended that to import bank transactions within QuickBooks, the user must have a business credit for the purpose instead of a personal credit card.
QuickBooks provides quite a lot of utilities to its users, one of them is that it allows the users to import credit card transactions into QuickBooks automatically, instead of doing it manually. The user does not have to input each of the transactions manually as nowadays most of the major banks allow the user to automatically import entries into QuickBooks.
How to Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks
- Log in to your Credit card account and QuickBooks simultaneously.
- After that click on the Banking tab.
- On that page there is the Add Account tab in the upper right-hand corner, click on it.
- It will open a new page where the user can either select the credit card name from the list given or type the name in the space provided above.
- Once the bank name is typed, a new page will open that will ask the user to type the Online ID and Password for the credit card.
- Once those details are provided, login but do not panic as it might take a while for QuickBooks to log in to the user’s credit card account.
- Once QuickBooks logs into the account the user should check the box next to the account that the user would like to connect to the QuickBooks.
- Next underneath the QuickBooks Account, the user needs to set up the bank account with the QuickBooks Account if that is not already done.
- On ‘Adding New’ a new page will open and under account type select Credit Card.
- Next type the name of the bank and the last four digits of the account number under the section ‘Name’.
- Under the Description’ enter the same information as typed under ‘Name’ click on ‘Save & Close’ and then next click on ‘Connect’.
- Once it is done, QuickBooks will automatically start downloading the transaction, it might take a while, depending on the period of transaction of the card.
- Once the download is done a message ‘we successfully downloaded your transaction. Hooray!’ will appear on the screen.
- Now the user should click on the ‘Let’s Go button.
- It will take the user to the Banking section.
- Go to the ‘For Review’ icon. This will show the credit card account and transactions that have been automatically downloaded.
Alternative Method to Import Credit Card Transactions into QuickBooks
In case the above process will not let you Import Credit Card Transactions Into QuickBooks or import credit card transactions into QBO. You have more than 90 days’ transaction needs to be imported then it can be done using an excel.csv or .qbo file. For this follow the steps below:
- Log into the credit card account online and select the download transaction and statements.
- This will give the option to download the statement into either excel.csv or .qbo file.
- If it is not there then the user should contact the credit card company and ask them to give the format as the user needs to download the transaction to QuickBooks.
- Once the file is downloaded the user can upload the file on QuickBooks.
- Link it to the file to the credit card account.
- Input the date for the transaction that is required to be imported.
- This will import credit card transaction details.
Here are common QuickBooks Credit Card Errors and Issues
- Customer’s declined credit card payments.
- Errors when processing credit and debit card transactions in QB POS.
- Credit card payments declined.
- Unable to update credit card payment.
- Unable to update credit card details.
- Fix common credit card errors in QuickBooks.
If you face issues in importing credit card transactions into QuickBooks, then seek technical help from our AskforAccounting QuickBooks Consultant 24/7 All the technical experts are available round the clock to help you with your queries. Either give us a call or simply chat with us online.