The QuickBooks license error after clone happens when the user clones their hard disk to another computer. The hard disk that you copied has QuickBooks installed on it. This is going to create an issue for you that leads you to this error on your screen. When the user performs the operations of QuickBooks then this error is encountered. So here in this article, you get to know more reasons and also the solutions to fix QuickBooks license error after clone.
QuickBooks Desktop installation requires the license number and product code to be entered to complete the validation process. The file which contains the information is always encrypted. This encrypted file may be either damaged or missing; in such a case QuickBooks will not open and will display a QuickBooks license error.
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Error ” You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service occurs when you try to sync or subscribe
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking.
- Error 3371 code 11104: Could not initialize license properties.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The following can be the reason why QuickBooks 3371 license error might occur.
- Damaged data and MSXML components which are required to run QuickBooks Desktop
- QBregistration.dat – is an installation file that contains license information. This license information is validated before you start QuickBooks. If QBregistration.dat is corrupt or damaged QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- MSXML component – is a component of Microsoft that helps QuickBooks to retrieve the information in Qbregistration.dat, and thereby aids in getting QuickBooks Desktop started.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks License Error after Clone
One of the ways to solve this issue is to remove the file EntitlementDataStore.ECML which is damaged. By deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ECML, you can also troubleshoot QuickBooks license error after clone issues.
Solution 1- Delete EntitlementDataStore.ECML File
- Shut your QuickBooks Desktop application
- Make sure that all QuickBooks processes are stopped
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc and go to the Task Manager and then the Processes tab
- From the list of processes look for the instances of QBW32.EXE
- Select this instance and click on End Task
- Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
- Next, go to the entitlement data folder Go to the Run window
- Navigate to path C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6) and press Enter.
- Select and right-click EntitlementDataStore.ECML file and select Delete
- You will be asked for confirmation, click on Yes to confirm the deletion.
- Next, open your company file and register the application.
Solution 2- Update Windows Operating System
If the above-given steps were not able to fix QuickBooks license error after clone then here is another way to fix your issue. Follow the steps here. Update your Windows Operating System to ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop installation does not damage. To do so, follow the given steps.
- Select Windows, All Programs Windows Update.
- Once you are done installing the Updates, install QuickBooks.
- If nothing works then, reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install Tool.
The above-mentioned errors are common issues within QuickBooks Desktop, but if you are not able to fix errors like QuickBooks license error after clone then our Experts will be at your service all the time. QuickBooks error consultant team provides excellent consultants for all QuickBooks Desktop Products. Our QuickBooks experts are always there to resolve and help you with your QuickBooks QuickBooks-related issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use my QuickBooks account on another computer after fixing the QuickBooks license error after clone?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks on another computer but firstly take all your data to a new computer and remove QuickBooks from an old computer. This helps you to use the license and other information properly without triggering any error.
Should I have to back up and then update the QuickBooks before choosing the solution to fix the QuickBooks license error after clone?
The backup is important so just do the backup before doing anything into your QuickBooks account. After that update the QuickBooks to the latest version. Then if anything happens to your data do restore it. In case everything is good then keep going. The update resolves many issues, problems, or errors.