QuickBooks License error after clone: QuickBooks is a bookkeeping software which integrates the numerous processes of accounting into one. It provides services like:
- Managing bills,
- Tax filing, and
- Payroll, scheduling payments to small and medium businesses.
QuickBooks aids in performing operations like checking bills, expense sheets, handle all spreadsheets, maintain the accounts sheet, filing of the taxes, and many more.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone
QuickBooks Desktop installation requires the license number and product code to be entered to complete the validation process. The file which contains the information is always encrypted. It may happen that this encrypted file is either damaged or missing; in such a case QuickBooks will not open and would display “QuickBooks License Error“.
Best way to fix it…
One of the ways to solve this issue is to remove the file EntitlementDataStore.ecml which is damaged. By deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml, you can also resolve the following issues or errors-
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Error ” You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service” occurs when you try to sync or subscribe
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking
- Error 3371: Could not initialize license properties
Note: In spite of deleting the entitlement file, you need to follow the resolutions provided to ensure correct functioning of your application.
Causes of QuickBooks License Error after Clone
The following can be the reason due to which License Error might occur:
- Damaged data and MSXML component which are required to run QuickBooks Desktop
- QBregistration.dat – is an installation file which contains license information. This license information is validated before you start QuickBooks. If QBregistration.dat is corrupt or damaged QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- MSXML component – is a component of Microsoft which helps QuickBooks to retrieve the information in Qbregistration.dat, and thereby aids in getting QuickBooks Desktop start
Steps to fix QuickBooks License Error:
- Shut your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Make sure that all QuickBooks processes are stopped.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc and go to the Task ManageràProcesses tab
- From the list of processes look for the instances of QBW32.EXE
- Select this instance and click on End Task
Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
- Next, go to the entitlement data folder
- Go to the Run window
- Navigate to the path C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8 (or v6) and press Enter
- Select and right-click EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
- You will be asked for confirmation, click on Yes to confirm deletion.
- Next, open your company file and register the application.
If the above-given steps were not able to fix “QuickBooks license error after clone” then here is another way to fix your issue. Follow the steps here:
- Update your Windows Operating System to ensure that your QuickBooks Desktop installation does not damage. To do so, follow the given steps:
- Select Windows All Programs Windows Update.
- Once you are done installing the Updates, next install QuickBooks.
Your last resort…
If nothing works then, reinstall QuickBooks using clean install Tool.
The above-mentioned errors are common issues within QuickBooks Desktop, but if you are not able to fix errors like QuickBooks license error after clone then our ProAdvisors will be at your service all time. QuickBooks Technical Team provides excellent support for all the QuickBooks Desktop Products. Our QuickBooks experts are always there to resolve and help you in your QuickBooks Related Issues. Get connected at 1800-865-4183.