If you are looking for some direct way on “How to recover deleted transactions in Quickbooks” then we are very sorry to say, that there is no way possible. If you have accidentally deleted transactions from your QuickBooks accounts then you cannot directly recover it as it is. Though there is a way out.
If you have deleted or altered the entry by mistake then you can recover the details of an entry through the way of audit log. But if there is any kind of data loss then if possible, the entries can be recovered through file backup.
Audit log on how to recover deleted transactions in QuickBooks:
As already said that, once the entry has been deleted you cannot undo it, but you can make use of Audit log to work your way out.
The above method is only applicable if you have previously saved your transactions. Though you won’t be able to create deleted transactions report but will sure be able to recover parts of it.
How to use audit log to recover lost info?
- Login to your QuickBooks dashboard and click on the settings tab.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the audit trail option. What this basically does is maintains a record of your every entry that is added, deleted or edited. If you don’t know how to run audit trail in QuickBooks and what it does then click on the link provided.
- Now choose the filters tab and sort the data by date and the activity type. This will help you narrow down your data. Choose the date range you presume the transaction was deleted in. If you have no idea about the dates then you can even generate a report by a week or a particular month. When the dates are set, click on the refresh tab and all the entries will be displayed.
- Select Ok from the dialogue box that now appears.
- From the window, navigate to the deleted transaction. Please note that all the entries within your audit trail are sorted by their most recent activity. Thus if you have an entry from last year, edited yesterday then it will show up at the top. Since you will be having whole loads of data within your QuickBooks audit log, thus do Ctrl+F and type in the delete. This will help you navigate to the location where deleted entry will be located.
- From the history section of the current window, click on the view tab.
- You will now be able to see everything related to that transaction, like the date it was created, added by and all the edits are done for that entry. This will be enough info, for you to recreate your transaction. Note down all the info. on a piece of paper.
- Re-enter your transaction in the same fashion within QuickBooks and you will be all sorted. If you had a bill that was deleted by mistake and you would now need to recreate the bill. In case of invoice, recreate the invoice and you will be all set with all the changes saved.
If you have followed the above sequence above as it is, then you are sure to figure out how to recover deleted transactions in QuickBooks. But if your problem is still unresolved then we would suggest to spare 5 minutes and get yourself on a call with our QuickBooks proadvisors.
Our technical support team is highly qualified to fix your every issue over the phone. If you want us to take baby steps and guide you at every possible step then we would be happy to do that too. Thus wait no longer and give us a call now.
Still in Doubt…!
Request a Call Back
Talk to our Quickbooks Proadvisor and resolve your issue over a phone call.