Looking to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from QuickBooks Pro or Premier well here is your chance to do just exactly that. Both the versions serve different purposes and different industry needs but now that you want to go advanced then QuickBooks Enterprise will be the best solution for you.
With easy to use interface and added functionality, you will find this edition a dream come true for bookkeepers and accountants all over the world. Let’s not forget the factor of expanding your business. The journey from becoming a businessman to becoming an entrepreneur has always been amazing and the selection of the right financial software at the right point time in this journey is just like “Icing on the Cake”.
How to Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from QuickBooks Pro or Premier
To know accounting software QBDT upgrade to QuickBooks enterprise from QuickBooks Pro or Premier is a straightforward process. The user just needs to carry out the following steps accurately and they will be able to enjoy the added features that the Enterprise version of QuickBooks offers that the Pro and Premier versions just don’t. To upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise version from the Pro or Premier versions, follow these steps.
Step 1: Test the Network
When upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise, three things need to be kept in mind, namely, networking, file sharing, and permissions.
- A system or network administrator who is aware of the trident of the things mentioned above is required to be there. Installing and configuring the QuickBooks Enterprise version requires various kinds of permissions, and only the administrator can provide these permissions.
- A person specializing in finance is also required to be there, as they are the ones who are aware of all of their company’s needs, in financial terms, and their being there is essential so that they can set up the company file themselves.
There are also four options to set up the network when setting up QuickBooks Enterprise, and one of them needs to be chosen to move forward.
- Central Server: The QuickBooks database server manager is where the company files are stored. The Enterprise version for QuickBooks has to be installed on each independent workstation, and they can access the QuickBooks database, which is already installed on the central server.
- Peer-to-peer: In this scenario, the company files are stored on only one workstation. If any other workstations are required to access the company files, they must do so through the network.
- Remote Desktop Services: Here, QuickBooks Enterprise isn’t installed in any workstation. Instead, QuickBooks Enterprise is installed on a central server along with the company files, and both of them are accessible through this central server.
- Linux: The company file can also be stored on a Linux server. Next, the Enterprise version can run on a workstation with the Windows operating system as a desktop client and easily access the data.
The user must also test the network bandwidth. To do so, they must:
- First, choose a file that has a very large data set. They must note the size of the file in megabytes (MB).
- Next, they must export the file from the network by simply copying the file from the network and pasting it onto their workstation. They must also note how long it takes for the export to complete.
- Finally, the bandwidth can easily be calculated through the following formula: (size*8)/time.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks Enterprise on the Workstation
It must be noted that each workstation using the QuickBooks Enterprise software must be working with the same version and not different versions. Once that has been achieved, QuickBooks Enterprise needs to be installed on the server.
- First, the user must close any running programs on their workstation.
- If the user has a CD with the installation file on it, they can install the software through it. Else, they can double-click on the executable file that was downloaded.
- Thereafter, When the ‘Choose installation type’ window pops up on the screen, the user must select either ‘Express’ (installer makes all choices automatically), and then select the ‘Custom and network’ option to set a custom location for the installation on their workstation.
- Next, The user will also be required to set the type of installation that is required to be done for QuickBooks. This means that they will have to decide whether QuickBooks Enterprise will be used on the workstation they have or not and whether they will be saving the company file on the workstation, the network, or a server that will also be used as a user workstation.
- After that, there will be a few on-screen installation steps the user must follow, and the installation will have been completed successfully.
Step 3: Set up File Sharing
The user will also have to set up their file-sharing policies. This means that they will have to make sure that everyone who is using the company file has all the read and write permissions required so that the company data can be shared across the network. They will also be required to grant authority to each user to add and delete files.
Step 4: Upgrading Data from Pro or Premier
- The user must first and foremost create a backup of their data files before they can start working on them in the new versions. It is also to be kept in mind that once this conversion has been carried out, the files won’t be able to open in the Pro or the Premier version. To do this, the user needs to go to File -> Create Backup. Once selected, they can choose a location to save their backup.
- Then the user must launch the QuickBooks Enterprise version and open the company file compatible with the Pro or Premier version.
- They will next be required to provide their login credentials.
- They will be prompted with a message saying ‘I understand that my company file will be updated to this new version of QuickBooks’. Next, they can hit ‘Update Now’ and then ‘OK’.
- Following that will be a series of on-screen instructions they must follow and perform.
Step 5: Register the Software
- The user will start by running the QuickBooks Enterprise software on their workstation.
- Next, they need to go to ‘Help’ and then choose ‘Register QuickBooks’.
- Lastly, they can choose ‘Begin Registration and follow the on-screen instructions.
Helpful topic:- Upgrade and Convert QuickBooks Company File to New Version
Benefits you get when Upgrade QuickBooks Pro to Enterprise
Upgrading your QuickBooks Pro to Enterprise can provide many benefits.
Database Storage: The more the growth of the business is, the more the growth of data files and information is. This would need a larger space both virtually and physically. QuickBooks Enterprise is home to a larger database as well as storage in comparison to QuickBooks Pro. The user can very securely and conveniently work in a company file with a limit of up to 250 MB. Furthermore, QuickBooks Enterprise does not impose a limit of 14,500 records in a list.
Multiple Users:- To cope with the use of the software for simultaneous use by multiple users locally, the QuickBooks Enterprise software optimizes to its maximum utility and this will result in better speed and performance accompanied by high-end stability in comparison to the Desktop version of QuickBooks to be worked by multiple users.
QuickBooks Pro is limited to 3 users, and QuickBooks Premier has its extension to 5 users. However, 30 users can access QuickBooks Enterprise.
Custom Fileds:- In QuickBooks Enterprise users can have access to 12 custom fields for names and 15 for items. This limit is decreased from 7 to 5 fields in QuickBooks Pro but QuickBooks Enterprise has customized access that allows users to set configuration according to the items required/needed to be listed and add drop-down menus as well. These fields help user to store more and more data and that data can be used using a filter or search lane.
Countless Transactions, Invoices, Sales, or Purchase:- The software is equipped to perform complex searches through countless transactions having similar names of the items such as in invoices, sales or purchase orders, etc. It is worth it if you upgrade QuickBooks Pro to Enterprise.
QuickBooks Enterprise is endorsed by the privileged too. This is not possible with the desktop versions as they offer user permissions on a very limited basis.
Report and Files:- The QuickBooks Enterprise software comes with the functions to ensure the complete amalgamation of more than one report and files in a single financial statement report created using Microsoft Excel.
Since you will be Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from QuickBooks Pro or Premier, thus it will be a lot more crucial to upgrade your data files as well, because only upgrading QuickBooks will not be sufficient. This is why services from QuickBooks experts come in handy. If you want to reach them or are looking for a QuickBooks consultant then connect with us through Call or live chat.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.