There are many utility features offered by QuickBooks, one of them is Payroll. The Payroll itself isn’t a standalone program as it combines many other features. One of the most useful of them being tax tables. As tax rates changes more often thus you should know how to update QuickBooks Payroll tax tables.
If you don’t already know how to do just that then no worries as we gonna cover them in the article today.
Please make sure that it involves a series of technical steps, which involves you to have a bit of software knowledge on your part. If you don’t want to risk your financial data kept within then it is highly recommended that you connect with QuickBooks ProAdvisor Support.
How to Update QuickBooks Payroll Tax Tables?
Before you can update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table make sure that you are using updated version QuickBooks. If you are not already using updated QuickBooks then let us walk you through the process.
- First open QuickBooks and then click on the product information window of the QuickBooks
- This will help you to determine the QuickBooks version and the last update you had of the accounting software.
- Check the version and click on OK.
- In case it is not updated to the latest version then go to the main menu on the top of the QuickBooks page and click on Help.
- A drop-down menu will appear from there select Update QuickBooks.
- A new window will open with the updated of the QuickBooks version you are using.
- Go to the Option tab and select on the Yes tab beside the Automatic Update.
- Next go to the Update Now tab and then click on the Get Updates tab.
- The update might take some time.
- Once the update is complete click on Close, which will close the window.
- Once again open the product information window to check whether the update has been done or not.
- In case the update has not gone through, then go to the next steps,
- Close the QuickBooks and then reopen them.
- When you want to reopen then you will see a new pop-up with QuickBooks Update Service with the option Install Now tab and Install Later tab.
- Click on Install Now.
- A warning message will appear, click on Yes and the update will proceed.
- When the Update complete window appears click on OK.
- QuickBooks will open automatically after the update. Go back to the product information to check whether the latest release has been installed and updated.
Does the above process sounds intimidating…!
Connect for help at 1800-865-4183 and let our ProAdvisors do the update for you.
To update the QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table you would need to first check whether the tax table expiry date is correct or not. If it reads Dec 31 of the previous year instead of June 30 of the present or next year then you have to update it. To check the expiry date of the tax table follow these steps:
- Go to the Help tab and click on it from the menu bar on the top.
- A drop-down menu will appear, select My License Information.
- A new window will open and check that the payroll information is correct along with the expiry date of the tax table.
After checking if you find there is an issue with the dates, then you have to do manual updates of the payroll tax table to do that follow the next steps:
- Ensure all the windows are closed.
- Open the internet browser, and type QuickBooks version details on the address space.
- Then go to support and product updates.
- Select the version that you want to update.
- A new window will open and from there choose the update that is appropriate for your product.
- Click on the link and then save it to the desktop.
- After the download is done, click on Close.
- You will see a new icon on your desktop, double click on that and then Run it.
- Next open QuickBooks, and you will be asked to Update Company file, click on Yes.
- This will update the Payroll Tax Table.
Get connected for instant help for your QuickBooks at 1800-865-4183 (tollfree).
In case you face any issues with the updates or still searching out for the query, “how to update QuickBooks Payroll tax tables”, then reach for help. You can dial tollfree to QuickBooks payroll support number and get things sorted all with ease.