Though QuickBooks is one of the most amazing accounting software with in QuickBooks but if you are a beginner and have less technical know-how then using QuickBooks might come as bit of a challenge. Like for e.g. here is what one of our customers recently had an issue with.
“Hi, I am using QuickBooks for a while now, but printer issue within the program is driving me nuts. It says “Printer setup will not open. When I installed the printer I installed it as a default printer within windows. In order to fix it, I ran the repair tool. When the issue was not sorted then even restarted the program and the computer as well. But the QuickBooks printer setup is not opening. Can you please help”.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Printer Setup won’t Open
First of All try to rename the Qbprint.qbp file. QBprint is a QuickBooks Desktop-created file. It contains a data line for each form in QuickBooks Desktop. This line is for invoices and a separate line for journal entries, etc.
- Locate the file you want to print on your desktop. In our case we will name the file as qbp.
- Click on the options tab in your print file by right clicking on it. Now choose to rename the file.
- Now open QuickBooks on your computer and click on the files tab.
- Now click on the Printer Setup tab from the drop down list.
- Locate where it says “Form name”, click on it and the drop down box will appear.
- Simply click on any transaction and then press OK.
- This will create a new print file for you.
- Once you are done with this try opening the setup again and this should now work.
If in case your issues is still not resolved then talk to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor and they will guide you all step by step. In order to talk to them, dial our Toll-free helpline number and raise your concern.