QuickBooks Pro software is one of the most bought software by small businesses and start-ups for its powerful features yet easy to use interface. Its integration with other software and bank accounts makes for easy handling of flow of money, both incoming and outgoing.
With QuickBooks you can easily connect with your bank accounts and credit cards that will help to keep tab through the software itself. In-order to “record your bank or credit statements in QuickBooks” follow along:
- 1 How to Record Credit Card Transactions in QuickBooks:
- 1.1 Step 1: Go to Menu bar and select ‘Add an Account’ option
- 1.2 Step 2: Now Logon to your Bank Account
- 1.3 Step 3: Now Add an Account to QuickBooks
- 1.4 Step 4: For Smart Usage name the Account
- 1.5 Step 5: Customize Name & Type of Account for QuickBooks
- 1.6 Step 6: Final Connection with QuickBooks
How to Record Credit Card Transactions in QuickBooks:
- On the Home Screen click on Connect Account tab on the right and from the list of popular banks select yours.
- Now on the sub menu click on ‘Banking’ option which will take you to new screen dedicated to Bank and Credit Card.
Step 2: Now Logon to your Bank Account
- With same username and password used for internet banking log in to your account directly from QuickBooks and then click on ‘Log In’.
- Wait for few minutes as your account is connecting with QuickBooks.
Step 3: Now Add an Account to QuickBooks
- The connection screen in front of you consists of ‘Account Name’ tab on the left side. Under this you can view all the accounts that you have with the bank.
- The account that you want to connect and use with QuickBooks just click on the check box in front of it.
Step 4: For Smart Usage name the Account
- Name the Account for QuickBooks in correspondence with that of the Bank Account you are using.
- For this you can go through the suggestions listed in the drop down menu attached to ‘Text Box’ under ‘QuickBooks Account’ tab, placed in the middle of the ‘Connection Screen’
Step 5: Customize Name & Type of Account for QuickBooks
- In case you do not find any account name that is similar to that of your ‘Bank Account’.
- you can create a new one by selecting the Add New tab found on top of the drop down menu which will open the ‘Account Modal’ screen.
- In this new screen select the ‘Account Type’.
- Then go for ‘Detail Type’ tab for the bank you have chosen.
- Now type in the name of the account in the space given for the same on the upper right side of the window.
- And then click on ‘Save’ tab to exit the current screen.
Step 6: Final Connection with QuickBooks
- After selecting and saving all the details click on ‘Connect’ tab.
- It will take few minutes for your transactions to download in QuickBooks.
- Once the process is complete you will get a message stating “We successfully downloaded your transactions.
- Hooray!” After this click on ‘I’m Done’ tab on the bottom of the window.
- Now you can easily view and review your transactions in QuickBooks.
If you face any issue in setup credit card in QuickBooks or downloading and viewing your bank and credit card transactions. You can get in touch with the expert support of QuickBooks. In case you are still unable to connect with them you can contact for prompt support through their Toll Free Phone Number.