Want upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Premier or Pro, well here is how you can do that all with ease. But before we can provide you with the steps to upgrade QuickBooks software to 2023 you need to know what QuickBooks Enterprise is made of.
It is no secret that QuickBooks Enterprise software is much more sophisticated than all the other software versions, namely, QuickBooks Pro, Premier, and Accountant versions. Moreover, QuickBooks Enterprise software is a combination of all the above-mentioned software versions and is incorporated with much-needed professional tools following different industry needs.
Therefore, there are times when a user plans to Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Premier/Pro. Before proceeding with the same upgrade of the software, it is better to generate a backup of the company file. The details listed below aid in both the backup and upgrade of the company file.
Why Upgrade from QuickBooks Pro/Premier to QuickBooks enterprise
You are able to have up to 30 users signed in with QuickBooks Enterprise and you can work on their particular areas at the same time. From Premier this is a huge improvement that has a maximum of five and 3 are allowed in Pro.
Think how much more efficient your AP/AR department could be if they were all working alongside your inventory management team. You won’t have to worry about finishing your work in time for your co-worker to check in without having to wait for you to finish.
Payroll direct deposit costs can be selected, depending on the QuickBooks Enterprise subscription version you choose. The QuickBooks Enterprise Gold and Platinum subscriptions include this. This could result in significant savings and significantly lower the cost of upgrading to QuickBooks Enterprise, depending on how many employees you have.
How to Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Premier or Pro
Upgrading from QuickBooks Desktop Pro or Premier older version (2011 to 2022) to the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2023 latest version can be done by taking the following steps.
Method I- Download and Install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Latest Version
- Go to the QuickBooks Updates and Download page.
- Choose QuickBooks Enterprise product then version 2010 to 2023
- Open the recently downloaded file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 2023.
Method II- Move from QuickBooks Pro/Premier data to Enterprise
Follow the below steps to move from QuickBooks Pro/Premier to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
Step I: Backup Company File
It is advised to create a backup of all the data and company files of the Premier version of QuickBooks before going forward to open the QuickBooks Enterprise version. This is usually recommended as once the upgrade process is complete opening or accessing the Premier version company file is no longer possible. To initiate a backup user has to perform the following listed steps.
- Open the software and navigate to the File option from the main menu bar.
- Next, select the Create backup option and then save it in a safe location – on another server or system.
Step II: Update Your Company File
Once the backup has been generated of the older company file user can Upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from Premier or Pro. Just follow the instructions detailed below.
- Access the new QuickBooks Enterprise Software and then click on the Company file used with the QuickBooks Premier or Pro version.
- In case the software prompts then provide the admin login credentials.
- Further on being asked tick mark the checkbox against the option stating – “I understand that my company file will be updated to this new version of QuickBooks”, followed by selecting the Update Now option.
- The next user will be asked for a backup of the current company file for which the OK tab has to be clicked.
- Under the screen labeled Create Backup – keep eye on the instruction provided and follow them diligently to successfully back up the company file.
- Lastly, click on the OK tab when asked whether the update process of the company file has to go forward.
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Enterprise Update Error and Issue
In this section, know how to fix the update problems while facing an issue while updating the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise software.
If you are getting an error while updating QuickBooks Enterprise
In the case above you are not able to upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise from QuickBooks Desktop Premier/Pro. Then the user will be required to perform certain steps in both Enterprise and Premier software. If the user has already uninstalled the Premier version then they will have to reinstall it without uninstalling the QuickBooks Enterprise version.
- From the main menu bar select File, followed by Utilities, and then Restore Backup for QuickBooks Premier Version option.
- Check the option available next to the tab labeled Backup filename field.
- Now try to locate the backup generated while updating the software and click on it to open it.
- The default location is the one where the user saved their backup file for the last time.
- Check the option available next to the tab labeled Restored filename field.
- Under the Save In list, click on the folder wherein the restored file has to be saved.
- It is better to save it on the desktop.
- Under the file name, type in the name that is unique to the user to avoid overwriting the older file.
- Now click on the Save tab.
- Select an OK tab to complete the process.
If getting an error in previous version of QuickBooks Desktop
- Access the QuickBooks Premier version, open it and navigate to the File option from the main menu bar.
- Open / Restore Company and followed by clicking on the required company file to open it.
- Now move to the file restored on the Desktop and click on it to open.
- Select the File option, utility tab, and lastly Rebuild Data option.
- Now follow the instruction displayed on the screen.
- Once the rebuild process is the complete exit from the Premier version of the software.
This should easily update the QuickBooks Premier software to QuickBooks Enterprise software without any fuss. However, they might encounter an update failure wherein the user should proceed to the details given next.
The above process should help to update the software normally. However, if the problem persists and you are not able to Upgrade QuickBooks Premier to Enterprise, then it would be better to connect with the QuickBooks Consultant team to update the version from Premier to Enterprise.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.