Read how to reset QuickBooks registration timer need to create or recreate the qbregistration.dat file with ease. It is required that if you have purchased QuickBooks then you would have to register it with intuit within 30 days.
To register your software, you are required to enter a code provided by the company itself to be fed inside QBregistration.dat file.
Step-by-Step Guide to Create or Recreate the qbregistration.dat File
But if for some reason you are not able to get the code or you find that your QB registration file is corrupted then here are the few steps you can follow along.
Create or Recreate the qbregistration.dat File
- The very first you would need to do is locate your qbregistration.dat extension file.
- You can find that within your C drive C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Once you have located your QBregistration.dat file then rename it to qbregistration.old.
- Now open up your Notepad
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R on your keyboard.
- Click OK after entering notepad in the Open field.
- Open Notepad to write down the code as (one code per line).
- Replace in your QuickBooks Version
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop 2023, replace with 33.0
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop 2022, replace with 32.0
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop 2021, replace with 31.0
- If you have QuickBooks Desktop 2020, replace 30.0 with 30.0If you have QuickBooks Pro, replace with pro.
- If you have QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition), replace with superpro.
- If you have QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition, replace accountant with accountant.
- If you have QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (not Accountant Edition), replace with bel.
- If you have QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Accountant Edition, replace with belacct.
- Replace with the product number of your QuickBooks installation.
- The number 0000-0000-0000-000.
- Replace with the license number for QuickBooks.
- Name the file qbregistration.dat.
- Select Save from the File menu.
- Select All Files from the Save as type list.
- The same directory as in step 1 (C:ProgramDataCommon FilesIntuitQuickBooks) should be selected.
You can even give us a call at our QuickBooks consultant and talk to our Experts now. You can also connect us via chat.
Get instant assistance with QuickBooks accounting software. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24x7 and resolve issues within minimum turnaround time. We support both US & Canada Editions of QuickBooks Software.We get help you on these QuickBooks accounting topics
- Import and Export
- Data Conversion
- Payment Solutions
- Upgrade & Update
- Payroll Solutions
- Data Recovery and many more.