In this article, you will get a complete guide on Sage 50 error RPC server is unavailable, along with its causes and resolutions to fix the error. If you are stuck with the error, then you don’t need to worry.
When your computer is experiencing problems with the network you use, this error will appear.’ The RPC server is unavailable error arises when setting up Tal Pro for Sage 50, means that Windows is experiencing some kind of communication problem.
Error: “The RPC server is unavailable” when setting up Tal Pro for Sage
Causes of Sage 50 RPC Server is Unavailable
It is essential to understand the sources of the mistake. So, these are the causes of the Sage 50 Error RPC server’s unavailable.
- If the RPC server does not respond to the client, the requested procedure cannot be carried out.
- This results in the error message “RPC server is unavailable.”
- The most typical causes are network issues or data flow being blocked by a firewall.
- An issue with the Adagio PDF printer (which makes use of the Nova PDF Converter).
- A problem with the Nova PDF driver.
How to Fix the Sage 50 Error RPC Server is Unavailable
To fix the Sage 50 error RPC server is unavailable, you can follow the resolutions that are mentioned below.
Resolution 1: Start the RPC Server again
Restarting the service is the most effective technique to resolve the error. This will cause Windows to re-establish all connections and processes. To Start the RPC Server again, follow these steps.
- First, type Control Panel into the Start menu search box and click on it to open it.
- Then select Services after clicking on Administrative Tools.
- After that locate and double-click DCOM Server Process Launcher.
- Now you need to make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic.
- The next step is to check the Service status is set to Running.
- Once done, if there is a difference, change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Finally, then click Start beneath Service status.
Resolutions 2: Examine Your Network Connection Configuration
If you can’t open particular directories or files in File Explorer, likely, your network settings are incorrectly set up. To activate the best choices for your network, follow these steps Configure Your Network.
- First to open the Run command, press Windows Key + R. Enter ncpa.cpl into the dialogue box and click Enter.
- Then Right-click on the relevant network connection and choose Properties. For instance, if you’re connected to Wi-Fi, right-click on Wi-Fi.
- Just choose Properties. It will be necessary to have administrator credentials to do so.
- The following step is to go to the Properties menu.
- Finally, enable the File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) options.
Resolution 3: Modify Your Firewall Settings
The Windows Firewall may occasionally block RPC server communication, resulting in the message RPC Server is unavailable. Users must change their firewall settings to enable traffic in such circumstances. To modify Your Firewall Settings then follow these steps.
- First, got to the start menu.
- Then in the search field enter Control Panel and click on it to launch it.
- Now type firewall into the Control Panel search bar.
- Once done, click Allow an app via Windows Firewall under the Windows Firewall option.
- After that look for Remote Assistance in the dialogue window and check all of the items.
- Finally, restart your computer after saving your modifications.
Note: The instructions for third-party firewalls may differ, but here is how you adjust the Windows Firewall.
Resolutions 4: Remove the Nova PDF application from your computer by uninstalling it
To delete or install the Nova PDF application from your computer, follow the instructions outlined below.
- To begin, you need to the Start menu.
- Then, search for the All Programs option.
- When you select the All Programs option, look for the Nova PDF choice in the drop-down list and right-click on it.
- When you right-click on the Nova PDF option, you will get an uninstall option. Simply click on the same.
- Finally, consider restarting your system to ensure that all of the modifications you’ve made have taken effect.
Resolution 5: Modify Registry Settings
Make a restore point and backup your registry before attempting this workaround. If none of the preceding changes worked, it could be worth going into your registry to see if any erroneous values need to be fixed. To Modify Registry Settings, follow these steps.
- First, to launch the Run dialogue box, press Windows Key + R.
- Then you need to open the Registry Editor, and type Regedit.
- After that visit the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet ervices\RpcSs.
- Now set Value data to 2 by double-clicking on the Start item.
- Visit the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSetservices\DcomLaunch.
- Change “Value data” to 2 by double-clicking on the Start value.
- Visit the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSetervices\RpcEptMapp.
- Finally, set the Value data to 2 in the Start value.
Resolution 6: Delete the Printers-related drivers
To delete the printer drivers, proceed as follows:
- To begin, navigate to the Start menu.
- After that select the All Programs option.
- From there, search for the Devices and Printers option.
- Now, choose the printer choice and then select the ‘Remove Device’ option.
- The following step is to click on any printer in the printer list that appears.
- After that click on the Printserver properties button, which is easily accessible from the toolbar.
- Then activate the Drives button.
- After that, select the Nova PDF Printer Driver option.
- The following step is to select the Remove option.
- The following step is to make sure you pick the Remove driver and driver package option.
- Now you must click on the OK tab.
- After that make sure you repeat steps 8 through 11 if you locate any more extras.
- You have Nova PDF drivers installed on your computer.
- Finally, always reboot your computer after making any changes to the configuration of any software for the changes to take effect.
Resolutions 7: To rule out third-party applications, perform a clean boot of the computer
Many customers complain that defective third-party programs are to blame for the “RPC Server is unavailable” problem. Although this is not a built-in feature of Windows, it is rather simple to implement. A “clean boot” is a boot state in which all third-party applications and services are disabled. To eliminate this as the source of the issue, you must do a clean boot of your computer:
- First, enter sysconfig in the Start menu search box.
- Then select System Configuration.
- The following step is to navigate to the Services tab.
- Once done choose the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- After that, select all of the services from the list and click Disable All.
- Following that, launch Task Manager by right-clicking on the Taskbar and choosing Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab and, one by one, click Disable on each service.
- Exit the program and restart the computer.
When Windows computers cannot communicate with other devices on the same network, an Unavailable error will pop up. This error may come from a fault in your settings or interference from third-party software. Now that you have a complete guide on Sage 50 RPC server is unavailable, you can fix the error easily. However, if still have any queries or you are still stuck then you can reach out to the Sage 50 helpdesk for easy and quick assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
While fixing the Resolutions to fix the Sage 50 RPC Server is Unavailable, it is important to restart your system.
Yes, it is important to restart your system, to restart you need to follow the steps:
● First press the Start button.
● Then select the Power icon.
● Finally, when you press the power button, you will be given the choice of putting your computer to sleep, restarting it, or shutting it off.
If Configure Your Network does not resolve the Sage 50 RPC Server is Unavailable, can you try reinstalling the network drivers?
To uninstall Network Drivers then follow these steps:
● First, in the Run dialogue box, press Windows Key + R and type devmgmt.msc.
● After that, the Device Manager will be launched.
● Then expand the Network adapters option by navigating to it.
● Now uninstall the network drivers by right-clicking on them.
● Finally, restart your computer after closing all windows.
To fix Sage 50 RPC Server is Unavailable, how to restore Your Computer, Using System Restore?
If users have tried everything on the list and are still unable to resolve the problem, System Restore may be necessary. When you enable System Protection, Windows will normally build restore points automatically or when you install new applications. Follow these steps to utilize System Restore:
● First, enter the Control Panel in the Start menu search bar.
● Then enter Recovery in the Control Panel search bar.
● After that select the Recovery option.
● In the Recovery box, click on Open System Restore.
● To do so, you’ll require administrator rights.
● Now select a restore point from the list by clicking Next.
● Finally, press the Finish button.